2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!
I own a mazda 3 2.0 165hp from 2015.
I recently been to a car graveyard and I found a mazda 3, same year and same engine which does have a head up display, mine does not. Can I take that head up display and install it in my mazda, is it plug and play?

The head up display is extremely cheap (20) euros.

·
Registered
2018 3 GT Hatchback,6 Speed MT
358 Posts
The Heads up Display only came in the GT trim if im not mistaken, im pretty sure you'd need the whole dash trim piece as the HUD is embedded into the dash trim over the gauge cluster. as far as plug and play/mounting i don't know, I couldn't find anything on Google about it.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Not plug and play, you have to replace instrument cluster as well. Odometer stored in cluster and correcting it's illegal in most countries.
check this guide:

·
Registered
207 Posts
My s touring has it. It leaves a blue/green light on the windshield at night which is annoying but i kind of got used to it. Sometimes i cover the hud with a towel to block it

·
Registered
358 Posts
My s touring has it. It leaves a blue/green light on the windshield at night which is annoying but i kind of got used to it. Sometimes i cover the hud with a towel to block it
idk what you mean by this. I have a 2018 GT with HUD and dont notice anything like this.

Reactions: Deano

·
Registered
358 Posts
My HUD looks nothing like that. Must be Pre Facelift, What year is yours?
this screen Grab is what mine looks like, I have Zero reflection on my window.
Car Speedometer Vehicle Automotive lighting Motor vehicle

1 - 8 of 8 Posts