2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

I copied some songs into usb, but no when i plug usb into mazda it shows some garbage files which are not songs. And it seems that it has made my head unit bit slow. How do i get rid of hidden files ( i believe) that? I dont want to format my usb as i have copied around 2000 songs.

I am using mac book pro with windows on parallel.

Your help will be appreciated.

·
Registered
2018 Mazda 3 GT called Coffee.
2,053 Posts
I think the USB stick needs to be formatted to FAT32 in order for the songs to show up properly.
CK

·
Registered
245 Posts
In Windows Control Panel you can choose Folder Options. On the "View" tab you can select "Show hidden files, folders, and drives." All hidden files should now be visible to you, so you can remove anything that isn't a music file. Good luck.

·
Demon Spawn
758 Posts
sounds like its reading the files the usb stick keeps for drivers and the like so when you plug it into a computer it can install and be read by the computer correctly, all flash drives have these and there may be nothing you can do to prevent the cars system from seeing them. not 100% on a mac but you should be able to put the flash drive in a computer and view these files, perhaps delete them and retry, make sure you select show hidden files.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts