2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,
I recently removed my 2 emblems from the back of my mazda 3, the "mazda 3" emblem and the "skyactive" emblem, but I didn't know that the mazda 3 emblem was attached with 2 plastic fastenings and now I have 2 hollow points in the back of my trunk and I cut off the fastenings with the wire without knowing it! :frown2:
Does anyone know how I can hide these 2 dots?

·
Banned
842 Posts
I have not removed my center MAZDA trunk emblem for the same reason. I have thought about buying a OEM truck lid and filling the locating holes and painting it. But that will cost me about 250.00. The other is simply to replace it with something different. In your case because body work and repainting would cost about $400+ dollars all you can do is "hide" the holes with something less noticeable. Or find some to attach that is more personalized in the way of a emblem. Lots to choose from if you go look on the web.

Another area that MAZDA did locating holes is on the engine cover. I filled the holes prior the Hydro-graphics now I am making my own replacement emblem plate replacing the MAZDA trademark symbol.

Good luck with your solution and please post a picture of your resolve! i

·
Super Moderator
4,878 Posts
The search function using the single word "debadge" will bring up many discussions on this subject, including the fact that the hatch has holes under the Mazda badge and most sedans don't.

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
I removed the Mazda and 3 emblems and covered the 2 holes with an OEM Mazda Axela emblem

I removed the Skyactiv badge and replaced that with a GT badge.
CK

·
Banned
842 Posts
I went and read what was suggested early by a member about "debadge" and saw and read lot of ideas how mostly to just rebadge to cover the holes up???. It seems that no one really attempted to rid the holes that I could find? I didn't spend my Saturday looking that far soooo maybe there was something there somewhere IDK??.
There is a way if you are interested PM me I will describe the process and if you do the work you can post and be a hero! I don't want to on your thread because it I am sure it will get debated by the "Tribal wisdom" of those that have never done it before. :nerd:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all the answers!
I had seen this on a website so I ordered it and then I'm gonna put the 3 of the badge that I already had on the other point right of it.

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
I went and read what was suggested early by a member about "debadge" and saw and read lot of ideas how mostly to just rebadge to cover the holes up???. It seems that no one really attempted to rid the holes that I could find? I didn't spend my Saturday looking that far soooo maybe there was something there somewhere IDK??.
There is a way if you are interested PM me I will describe the process and if you do the work you can post and be a hero! I don't want to on your thread because it I am sure it will get debated by the "Tribal wisdom" of those that have never done it before. :nerd:
Well, Loud3's, @ post #51 , is cleanly shaved...
http://mazda3revolution.com/forums/2014-2017-mazda-3-skyactiv-appearance-interior/33537-debadge-6.html

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

·
Banned
842 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
There is a way if you are interested PM me I will describe the process and if you do the work you can post and be a hero!
M3Nitro I'm interested in the method but I can't send a private message because I'm new to the forum :/

·
Banned
842 Posts
M3Nitro I'm interested in the method but I can't send a private message because I'm new to the forum :/
But I can PM you...
PM sent with info! :smile2:

·
'18 M3HGTP Eternal Blue
77 Posts
Why not just post it here, or link it here if posted elsewhere... because Others in the future might find it valuable/interesting. Or is it illegal, and that's why you're not sharing... or a "I'll tell ya, but it'll cost you...." scenario? Isn't the Point to forums like this the sharing of knowledge?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts