2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, this is my first post.
Im from Chile, and I have a Mazda 3 GT 2018. I already activated some features with the precious information in this forum and is time to do some serious jobs in the car (FSC, MRCC and AFS retrofit).
In this post I will focus on FSC Retrofit.

FSC Retrofit
Based on my investigations I need the next parts:

BAY2-43-7A0, ABS Control Unit (for SCBS; already ordered to TascaParts)
B61L-67-XCXV, FSC Camera (already ordered to TascaParts)
GRT6-67-Z31A, Right FSC Cover (already ordered to TascaParts)
GRT6-67-Z32A, Left FSC Cover (already ordered to TascaParts)
D651-68-162A, Windshield Pillar Trim Clip (for Windshield pillar, already ordered to TascaParts)
BADE-63-900, Windshield with FSC (gen2), Rain/Light Sensor and Rear Mirror retainer slots. (NOT yet ordered)
TK80-66-5G2, Rain/Light Sensor Pad (for Rain/Light sensor re-installation, NOT yet ordered)

Compared with my current windshield, the Rain/Light sensor and Rear Mirror (w/ auto dimming) have both a different position in the windshields with FSC (gen2) and Im not sure that my current harness wires for them are long enough to fit properly. I don't want to cut any wire or harness, so, I have in mind to do extension wires (with 30cm I guess that will be OK) with proper female and male connectors.

Extension for Rain/Light sensor
Mazda connector ID: 0919-105 (see attachments for pictures)
Female connector: TE Connectivity 1318620-2
Male connector: TE Connectivity 1376515-1 (out of stock in Mouser, will look with TE for compatible alternatives).
0919-105.jpg

Extension for Rear Mirror
Mazda connector ID: 0912-401 (type B, 5 pin type in my car) (see attachments for pictures)
Female connector: JST HCMPB-A05-K
Male connector: JST B05B-AHCMKK
0912-401.jpg

Once everything is installed I will do the necessary ASBuilt configurations. I already asked to a local Mazda Distributor and they refuse to install Windshield and ABS Control Unit, so I will look for another official distributor, if they refuse too, I will ask to a workshop.

To continue I need some help :),
  • Identify the brand and model of the connector for FSC (gen2) (Mazda connector ID 0918-1301). If someone can share hi-res pictures of the connector 0918-1301 will be helpful to identify the model or brand.
  • Identify the brand and model of the connector (or the connector pins) of the Mazda connector ID C-12 to get HSCAN, 12v and ground wires (mainly HSCAN). If someone can share hi-res pictures of the connector C-12 will be helpful to identify the model or brand. In this case, I only need the connector pins (female and male).
  • Confirm that the Windshield BADE-63-900 is the correct one that I should order. Is BADE-63-900 the correct windshield for FSC (gen2)?
Thanks to all the ones that share their knowledge! 馃挭
Regards from Chile!

Attachments

Registered
Discussion Starter #2
UPDATE: Found 0918-1301 (for FSC gen2) and C-12 connectors, but still need some advice about the Windshield part number.

0918-1301 (for FSC gen2)

Here is a picture of the FSC (gen2) connenctor and it seems to be a Molex 34826-0124 (or a similar one from the same family)
FSC (gen2) - Molex 34826-0124.jpg

Mazda connector ID: 0918-1301
Female connector (wire harness): Molex 34824-0124 (or a similar one from the same family and using 560023 CTX50 Unsealed Terminals)
Male connector (in the FSC gen2): Molex 34826-0124

C-12
Here pictures of it and it seems to be a Sumitomo 6098-5283.
C-12.jpg
Mazda connector ID: C-12
Female connector: Sumitomo 6098-5283 (terminals 8240-0552 or 8240-0523)
Male connector: Sumitomo 6098-5285 (terminals 8230-5379 or 8230-5380)

Has been a little hard to find a source/seller for Sumitomo connectors but luckily Octopart recommended me a TE connector for both:
Female connector: Sumitomo 6098-5283 >> TE 1318917-1 (with TE 1123343-1 terminals)
Male connector: Sumitomo 6098-5285 >> TE 1473413-1 (with TE 1674742-1 terminals)
They are extremely similar:
C-12 SUMITOMO 6098-5283 vs TE 1318917-1.jpg
I will try with them.

I still need a recommendation about the Windshield. Is BADE-63-900 the correct windshield for FSC (gen2) in a Mazda 3 2018?

Registered
I did this a couple of months ago and you should be fine. the wiring for the FSC is quite simple.
let me know if you need help with, I also brought the ABS unit, and then I noticed that its not required for the retrofit

Registered
Discussion Starter #4
I did this a couple of months ago and you should be fine. the wiring for the FSC is quite simple.
let me know if you need help with, I also brought the ABS unit, and then I noticed that its not required for the retrofit
Thanks acastrolee, will contact you soon.

I will be purchasing the windshield first week October, but will go for the BABE-63-900.

(Info from TascaParts)

(info from ilcats.ru)

Im waiting for the FSC connector, but all the rest are already received. Will upload some pictures.

Registered
@acastrolee :
1. Did you post something about your FSC retrofit here (Link?)?
2. Did you buy a new or used FSC?
3. Did you have to do the FSC aiming (or did the dealer do it)?
4. Was it necessary to re-learn/search via ForScan for the FSC or did it work plug&play?

Registered
@acastrolee :
1. Did you post something about your FSC retrofit here (Link?)?
2. Did you buy a new or used FSC?
3. Did you have to do the FSC aiming (or did the dealer do it)?
4. Was it necessary to re-learn/search via ForScan for the FSC or did it work plug&play?
sorry, I was out for a while.

I used a new one, I recommend the latest part number available, since Mazda changed a lot of FSC with defects.
Yes, I had to do the alignment and can be done in forscan using adaptive learning.
I had to find the FSC of the RCM (airbag module) from a similar car equipped with FSC and coded the module with that info.

Hope it helps

Registered
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
sorry, I was out for a while.

I used a new one, I recommend the latest part number available, since Mazda changed a lot of FSC with defects.
Yes, I had to do the alignment and can be done in forscan using adaptive learning.
I had to find the FSC of the RCM (airbag module) from a similar car equipped with FSC and coded the module with that info.

Hope it helps
Hi @acastrolee, welcome back! Could you please clarify what do you mean with "the FSC of the RCM"?

Enviado desde mi SM-G950F mediante Tapatalk

Registered
Discussion Starter #9
UPDATE:
After some weeks I had been done important steps for the retrofit.
  • ABS Unit BAY2-43-7A0 installed. As mentioned by @acastrolee it seems not necessary for SCBS, but TPMS is working now.
  • Windshield BABE-63-900 already received and installed. Old windshield was removed in perfect conditions.
20191109_103017.jpg BABE-63-900 with FSC.jpg BABE-63-900.jpg
  • KD46-69-220C rear view mirror must be considered as KD54-69-220C will not fit properly due to the new position of the rear view "hook" in the windshield and the FSC cover.
  • Extension wires for rain/light sensor and rear view mirror were not necessary. Current harness fits good (for rain/sensor is a bit tight, Im considering to add some extension for it in the future).
  • Extension for the C-12 connector worked great. Im still waiting for the FSC connector to arrive to do the corresponding wiring. Anyway I have it connected temporarily to test it and to enable corresponding features (HBC, SCBS-F & R, LDWS/LAS and TSR).
C-12 connectors for FSC wiring.jpg C-12.jpg
  • My recommendation is to not to try to activate all the features at once using AsBuilt modifications. Try with one first to ensure that the only DTC you are having is about the FSC Aiming and do it (as my FSC was brand new I needed to do the Aiming procedure. I did the Dynamical one). Then try to activate the rest of the features.
I will post my AsBuilt modifications when everything is working properly, but until now I have:
1. HBC: it is activated but not yet tested. Strangely CMU its showing me "Adaptive LED headlights" option instead "High Beam Control". IC has the green HBC light on. I don't have AFS or ALH, just ALS (will retrofit AFS soon). Anyone with the same behavior?

2. SCBS-F & R: both working good, but seems that I will need to do the static calibration of the FSC as SCBS-F is missing some cars (yes... I tested it with real cars LOL). What about A-SCBS?

3. LDWS/LAS: both working good. LDWS OFF warning was turned on in the IC so I did a small modification in the cluster switch to turn LDWS/LAS on. After it, I removed the modification as LDWS/LAS will keep turned on. Anyway I will add the corresponding buttons in the future.
Cluster Switch BAMF66170A.jpg Cluster Switch BAMF66170A mod for LDWS.jpg

4. TSR: Not yet tested.

@acastrolee , finally RCM asbuilt modification was not necessary. Wich DTC did you receive that RCM asbuilt modification was needed?

Thanks!

Registered
I will post my AsBuilt modifications when everything is working properly, but until now I have:
1. HBC: it is activated but not yet tested. Strangely CMU its showing me "Adaptive LED headlights" option instead "High Beam Control". IC has the green HBC light on. I don't have AFS or ALH, just ALS (will retrofit AFS soon). Anyone with the same behavior?
I tried a lot of different settings/values when retrofitting my FSC Gen.1 - here are my hints:
  • a) In the MZD menu it`s either ALH or HBC - it can`t be both. So try to deactivate ALH first. In 720-04-19 B0 b4=1 -> with ALH or without FSC. So b4=1 -> separate HBC=off ; at MZD it is either no HBC/ALH or HBC or ALH, but no combination. b4=0 -> with HBC (when ALH is not there, but AFS+ALS or ALS only).
  • b) Have you considered IC module 720-04-14 B1 b6, b5, b4? This is a setting for headlights. In your case it should be b6=0 (no AFS) and b5=1, b4=0 (ALS ON, AFS OFF). After retrofitting AFS it should be also b4=1 (ALS ON, AFS ON).
  • c) And IC 720-04-14 B3 b1 is only 1 when B1 b6=1 -> with ALH. Without ALH B3 b1=0. There seems to be a dependency.
  • d) As far as I read, the FSC and the IC have to be programmed toghether, because the FSC allows the IC to show certain things or not, so also the FSC has to be programmed for "HBC on" instead of "ALH on". HBC settings for FSC Gen.1 are in 706-01-01 B0 b5+b6 and for FSC Gen.2 in 706-02-01 B1 b7+b6.
  • e) For IC programming, also check this russian website (or the translated version) - it was helpful for me (I activated HBC+LDWS and had AFS from factory+retrofitted FSC Gen1. in my CX-5 2016).

Registered
Discussion Starter #13
UPDATE:
Good news, almost everything is installed as it should came from Mazda factory. Only FSC Molex connector is pending (seems to be an issue with the delivery of it), but I have it connected using proper Molex female insulated terminals.
To @acastrolee , thanks for your recommendations and expertise. I didn't requested your asbuilt data in order to force me to learn, search and test and test, thanks anyway for your help and information in the forum. Will be extremely useful in the upcoming retrofits (MRCC).
To @Tristan-cx5 , also thanks for your hints, all of them was was already reviewed during the retrofit. Thanks also for the information in the forum.
To @SergSlim for the excellent work about the XLS file (ps: if some of you used it, donate if you can, or invite him to a beer). Check below information, could be useful in the file.

HBC: now is properly in CMU as "High Beam Control".
LDWS/LAS: working OK.
SCBS-F&R: working OK.
TSR: working OK.

Final AsBuilt
FSC (gen2)
706-01-01: 64-80-90-00-72-FD
706-01-02: 84-00-00-00-00-94
706-01-03: 00-00-00-00-00-11
706-01-04: 00-00-12
706-02-01: 64-80-90-00-72-F6
706-02-02: 84-95
IC
720-04-16: 82-00-44-00-06-0D (Car has front and rear parking sensors. Decided to keep DAA deactivated)
720-04-19: C0-00-00-10-00-14 (B0 hint from @lechtung here)
720-04-24: 00-00-40-00-00-8F
RBCM
7B7-01-01: 59-D2-00-05-E3-D3 (B3 can be 06, but it set to MRCC Break for future MRCC retrofit, Break Light Unit was also installed, will be described in future MRCC retrofit post).

I also did some "reverse engineering" with the EPC in the way that I can obtain all the VINs that has an specific part number. Then I used a "RPA" to download the asbuilt files of those VINs and then put the data in a XLS file to compare. I did this with almost 12.000 VINs from AEBA15 and 7.200 VINs from ALBA16. Will share the data soon.

Thanks!

Attachments

Registered
Discussion Starter #15
Well, I finally modified my cluster switch BAMF-66-170 (DSC OFF, Parking Sensors OFF and i-stop OFF buttons) to include LDWS OFF and also TPMS buttons (like a BAMG-66-170).
I got a BLM5-66-170 cluster switch that has the buttons needed.

To get a fully working new button in your cluster switch you need to, apart from transfer the plastic buttons, transfer the next elements that are soldered to the board:
  • Push button
  • SMD LEDs
  • SMD resistors (for the SMD LEDs)
If you are not an expert on desoldering (like me :ROFLMAO:) and also doesn't have the correct tool (like a hot air gun) you will suffer desoldering all of them, specifically the LEDs and resistors (I melted one LED). I finally took the decision of carefully tearing away the push buttons, LEDs and resistors without desoldering. Solder them back in the board is easier but not a piece of cake.
During the process I realized that the LEDs and resistors were not exactly as the originals in BAMF-66-170, they work good but have a little less bright (probably 90% of the brightness of BAMF-66-170 LEDs).

Attached some pictures of the process.
Regards!

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts