2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so I have a few questions.
I just got a 2010 Mazda 3 (gunmetal blue, 2.5) and I have a plan to get black wheels, emblems, light covers, etc.
When I was thinking this I was wondering about the grill, body, and hood.
1) I've seen many posts about the speed hood being put on the 4-door and was wondering if its possible and if not does any one know any black hoods with scoop things or scoops that go into the hood (sorry dont know alot about cars) on them that look nice on the 3 or just any scoops to add on.
2) Also if there are any decent looking solid grill or any decent looking grills at all for the Mazda 3 4-door.
3) Also if there are any nice body kits that are not to excessive and bulky but make it looks more aggressive or racing type.
Please reply and help ! thanks much !

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
When you put the speed hood on the hatch you also need the fenders. I would assume it would be the same with the sedan. As far as I know there is nothing out ot replace the plastic honey comb grill yet. As for bodykits, try Peter @ NextMod. I am not going to post his link as he is not a sponsor but he does do wonders for body kits for the Mazda 3 community. Just google him.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Reactions: KingVick

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
When you put the speed hood on the hatch you also need the fenders. I would assume it would be the same with the sedan. As far as I know there is nothing out ot replace the plastic honey comb grill yet. As for bodykits, try Peter @ NextMod. I am not going to post his link as he is not a sponsor but he does do wonders for body kits for the Mazda 3 community. Just google him.
That sucks cause then just the amount of money to buy new fenders including the hood and the hours to be put on although I maybe be able to do that myself. And hopefully they come out with some new grills that make it look more aggressive like a solid one. THANKS for the help and I will look him up for sure.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I dont mean to be annoying or whatever but I went to the link left below by the other person and I have no idea where to find his body stuff.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Some sites don't like posting non-sponsor links. Oh well it got you a thanks from the OP.
i was unaware of that.. sounds pretty gay that someone would actually care, especially being a forum.. I could see if it was a link to another forum however. dont be mad at me :)

·
Registered
202 Posts
I've seen many posts about the speed hood being put on the 4-door and was wondering if its possible and if not does any one know any black hoods with scoop things or scoops that go into the hood (sorry dont know alot about cars) on them that look nice on the 3 or just any scoops to add on
Just curious - why do you want to put a non-functioning hood scoop on your car?

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
i was unaware of that.. sounds pretty gay that someone would actually care, especially being a forum.. I could see if it was a link to another forum however. dont be mad at me :)
Nope not mad. Just I could tell you were confused why I didn't post it, so figured I had some explaining to do. :stuart:

@Protege5, I assume he is doing it for looks. Someone on the Toronto Mazda site did the same thing.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
@Protege5, I assume he is doing it for looks. Someone on the Toronto Mazda site did the same thing.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I was because I was going to put a turbo kit on it and cold air intake but a real functioning hood scoop is better but the $ is the problem, plus I cant find one to fit.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts