2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Mazda 3 Fam,

So recently I installed LED lights along the grille (just like the ones on a Mazda 6) and made an install video for everyone! Fun and fairly simple DIY project.

Enjoy!

Let me know what you guys think.
Special thanks to Hannah and the FB group for the inspiration.

P.S. it kind of pops out from time to time. What is a good way to keep it from popping out?

·
Registered
179 Posts
Hey Mazda 3 Fam,

So recently I installed LED lights along the grille (just like the ones on a Mazda 6) and made an install video for everyone! Fun and fairly simple DIY project.

Enjoy!

Let me know what you guys think.
Special thanks to Hannah and the FB group for the inspiration.

P.S. it kind of pops out from time to time. What is a good way to keep it from popping out?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZMq... that keep popping out and see if that helps?

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
How much did it cost all in?
Just the parts alone probably like around $15?
I bought kits so I have a lot of extra parts for future projects. So in total probably around $40

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh nice. I kinda want to try this for a couple bucks on my 2017...

Try automotive double sided tape on the parts that keep popping out and see if that helps?
Do it! I am totally happy with it
I will try that. Thanks!

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes!! finally a new video! I've been watching you and The adventure mazda (who I think is also on this forum) and I've been waiting for new 3 videos!
Yeah he is! Glad you follow us! thanks!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi brother!!! Thank you very much for the tutorial. Where did ypu buy all the parts? I have seen some light strips on ebay but they say they are for interiors, are they the same? What about the fuse adapter thing did it came with the kit or you bout it separately?

Im looking to do this on a Cx5, mazda3 and on a mazda6
Tnx again

·
Registered
'15 Mazda3
164 Posts
That looks really good. A tap could also be ran off of the actual low beam/parking lights, if you didn't want the leds on all the time the car is running.

·
Registered
899 Posts
I wonder how the Mazda one is wired. I mean you can buy the kit on Japanparts and it says that the wiring is included.
another website lists these part numbers (Signature Wing B63B-V4-580 & B45A-V7-790 Intermediate Harness)
One thing to note is the Illumination badge also uses that same harness.

I also found these images online.
The first one is from this website which shows some more info. http://minkara.carview.co.jp/userid/245097/car/1504522/3931242/note.aspx

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hi brother!!! Thank you very much for the tutorial. Where did ypu buy all the parts? I have seen some light strips on ebay but they say they are for interiors, are they the same? What about the fuse adapter thing did it came with the kit or you bout it separately?

Im looking to do this on a Cx5, mazda3 and on a mazda6
Tnx again
Those might be the same. All the links are on my video on youtube in the description.
I had to buy the fuse tap adapter on amazon.

Do it!!!

That looks really good. A tap could also be ran off of the actual low beam/parking lights, if you didn't want the leds on all the time the car is running.
Yeah I am going to switch it to a different one soon.

How did you wire it?
On my video in the main post I go through the setup.

I wonder how the Mazda one is wired. I mean you can buy the kit on Japanparts and it says that the wiring is included.
another website lists these part numbers (Signature Wing B63B-V4-580 & B45A-V7-790 Intermediate Harness)
One thing to note is the Illumination badge also uses that same harness.
Yeah I would be interested in seeing what they actually did.

Reactions: Stewie

·
Registered
249 Posts
Thanks for the awesome video!

Have you try tapping it somewhere else? I tried it with the Tail fuse so it comes on with the parking lights, but for some reason it stays on even when the car is off.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
HHey Bro, thanks again, I got all the parts on e bay too and just got it installed today, Im attaching some pics, it is pretty easy thanks to your video, rock on!!!!
nice Dude! looks good. Do you have a link to the ones you got on ebay? mine are looking a little blue and want to find one a little lower in temperature haha.

Thanks for the awesome video!

Have you try tapping it somewhere else? I tried it with the Tail fuse so it comes on with the parking lights, but for some reason it stays on even when the car is off.
Of course! You can try it in a few places. See if it stays on or not.

i would love to do that, but i have the BN GT and im wondering if the color temperature would match my LED headlights...
You can find ones with a similar temperature to your headlights. just gotta hunt for them.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts