2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking forward to one of these coming out. my 2010 got totaled after 4 months. bought a 2011 christmas eve and its already got a dint in the door. :argh 1:

·
Making People Mad
832 Posts
Hehe both are your fault for being at the wrong place at the wrong time :chuck_norris 1: on a more serious note, park far away from everyone else to solve the issue of door dings.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hehe both are your fault for being at the wrong place at the wrong time :chuck_norris 1: on a more serious note, park far away from everyone else to solve the issue of door dings.
i was the furthest away from the restaurant as possible, hugging a curb. no way to escape the stupid. :shit:

·
Registered
107 Posts
i feel your pain. over the past year my car has accumulated some 6 dings no matter where I park. I am going to get PDR done on them cause it's an eyesore.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
that sucks :sad 1: do you mind explaining what PDR is? at least I can learn something new today lol. i've been told of some ding doctor or dent doctor company that fixes them pretty good for like 100$ but like in your case getting 6 dings, i dont feel like paying to fix it just to get another one next couple months or so.

·
Making People Mad
832 Posts
Paintless dent removal, take a golf ball and hit it with a hammer lightly a bit over your roof, insurance fraud+hail damage=free pdr :yes:

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Paintless dent removal, take a golf ball and hit it with a hammer lightly a bit over your roof, insurance fraud+hail damage=free pdr :yes:
so what i'm getting here is you're saying put more dints in my car to claim it was hail? sounds a bit... crazy! :tongue:

·
Registered
107 Posts
that sucks :sad 1: do you mind explaining what PDR is? at least I can learn something new today lol. i've been told of some ding doctor or dent doctor company that fixes them pretty good for like 100$ but like in your case getting 6 dings, i dont feel like paying to fix it just to get another one next couple months or so.
I believe they shine a light on the dented area and then they use a stick like thing and get behind the panel and start massaging it out. Once the light is uniform on the body surface the dent is repaired. It's the cheapest way to remove dings. Yea I've been quoted about 130 for my dings.

·
Making People Mad
832 Posts
pretty awesome its worth a try!

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I believe they shine a light on the dented area and then they use a stick like thing and get behind the panel and start massaging it out. Once the light is uniform on the body surface the dent is repaired. It's the cheapest way to remove dings. Yea I've been quoted about 130 for my dings.
I seee. thanks for the info. 130 for 6 dings isn't that bad I guess. :blush 1:

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
haha that is pretty awesome. I hate to be a pessimist but I dont think it'll work for mine. that guy had a huge dint.. mine is big for a door dent but not like that. and you know down the side of the car how it has the sharp crease where the doors angle or whatever, its right on that. idk if that'll make it harder.

·
Making People Mad
832 Posts
Hey wouldn't hurt to try, if all else fails you lost 5 bucks:001_unsure:

·
Registered
144 Posts
I think my mazda3 has an inverse force field. It seems to pull any rock or grit suspended in the air in front of me on the highway down upon itself. Have had it for 4-5 months and have had to use the touch up paint on about 10 rock chips and counting. Windshield took a nasty ding from what I believe was a bolt or nut on the highway, too, but stopped short of cracking. :(

To own a new daily driver is to know and fight entropy. ;)

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I think my mazda3 has an inverse force field. It seems to pull any rock or grit suspended in the air in front of me on the highway down upon itself. Have had it for 4-5 months and have had to use the touch up paint on about 10 rock chips and counting. Windshield took a nasty ding from what I believe was a bolt or nut on the highway, too, but stopped short of cracking. :(

To own a new daily driver is to know and fight entropy. ;)
ouch. thats no beuno :sad 1: I read a while ago someone was having the same problem. (idk it could've been your thread) I've been through one semester of commuting and I know what you're saying about the rock chips in the front but i never had problems with the windshield. is yours lowered or no?

·
Registered
144 Posts
i never had problems with the windshield. is yours lowered or no?
Not lowered. I think it was just some freak road debris, I wouldn't characterize it as a windshield problem. It happened in August, and normally the windshield-crack season in winter-to-spring. In fact, it held up in a sense-- the top layer of glass wasn't completely chipped through and so no cracks. I'd honestly rather take it on the replaceable glass than on a body panel, ESPECIALLY since when you dealer-finance a Mazda around Denver, they include a mandatory 3-yr windshield replacement insurance rider (knowing how our roads are). I'm used to shelling out $129 to replace Honda civic windshields, which face crack-inducing road debris events almost every winter, but I think the OEM MZ3's is the better part of half a grand...

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
Smells of Elderberries
633 Posts
Not lowered. I think it was just some freak road debris, I wouldn't characterize it as a windshield problem. It happened in August, and normally the windshield-crack season in winter-to-spring. In fact, it held up in a sense-- the top layer of glass wasn't completely chipped through and so no cracks. I'd honestly rather take it on the replaceable glass than on a body panel, ESPECIALLY since when you dealer-finance a Mazda around Denver, they include a mandatory 3-yr windshield replacement insurance rider (knowing how our roads are). I'm used to shelling out $129 to replace Honda civic windshields, which face crack-inducing road debris events almost every winter, but I think the OEM MZ3's is the better part of half a grand...

I feel your pain on the flying road debris in Colorado. I drive from far north side of Thornton to Golden every day I-25 to I-76/70. In the 1 1/2 years I've had this car I have little paint chips and dings all over the hood and roof and the front end is starting to look sandblasted and my windshield hasn't cracked yet but it has plenty of little micro chips and like the front end is starting to look sandblasted . I get hit by a rock and what seems like a bucket of sand at least once a day :argh 1:.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts