2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 111 Posts

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
A couple people have mentioned having a collection of dyno charts in a single thread. So I was bored at work and put something together. If I am missing anyone, have the wrong information, or missing information, let me know.

Argon
Engine: 2.5
Mods: K&N Drop-in Filter

Crespo
Mods: MSDS Header, Simota Intake, OEM MS3 ABE

DomTheGhost
Mods: Simota Intake, Racing Beat ABE, MS3 Midpipe
Elevation: ~1200 feet

JackF
Mods: Magnaflow CBE, Takeda CAI, MSDS Header, Godspeed IM

jermz238
Mods: Corksport Intake, Corksport CBE

Jmaister
Mods: Custom Intake

Wingzero_
Mods: MSDS Header, K&N Intake, Racing Beat ABE
Elevation: ~350 feet

·
Registered
352 Posts
Very nice! Thanks wing! :yes:

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'll have mine up here one day. ..........................
We hope so, yours would gather a lot of interest. You don't want JackF to beat you as the first 2.5T dyno, as you had quite a head start on him.

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
I know, but the only dyno around here has some crazy strict rules to even get on the dyno,
if your car isn't stock they want a 500 dollar deposit, they want to inspect your vehicle, and if anything "doesn't look right" or any loose wiring, then you are no go. I can afford the dyno runs ( 60 bucks for 3 runs ) but that 500 dollar deposit is insane

·
stupid teacha bitch!
2,193 Posts
Crespo is making some healthy numbers

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide

·
College Zoom-Zoom
3,248 Posts
Agreed as well, lol. Good post idea wing! Gotta keep in mind every dyno as well as engine is different. Engines aren't all created equal, some will have tighter tolerances, etc. than others of the same design. That being said, we should also include the transmission type as that does impact the numbers a bit to my understanding.

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
Agreed as well, lol. Gotta keep in mind every dyno as well as engine is different. Engines aren't all created equal, some will have tighter tolerances, etc. than others of the same design. That being said, we should also include the transmission type as that does impact the numbers a bit to my understanding.
yep, I was told, by a Mazda employee, that mazda's engines are allowed a tolerance of up to 20% +/- HP/TQ From factory and some other stuff. so you could have 2 of the same engine, one putting out 150whp and one putting out 130whp and that is OK to mazda

·
Registered
4,313 Posts
yep, I was told, by a Mazda employee, that mazda's engines are allowed a tolerance of up to 20% +/- HP/TQ From factory and some other stuff. so you could have 2 of the same engine, one putting out 150whp and one putting out 130whp and that is OK to mazda
So I could actually have a 180 hp 2.0... Or I could potentially have a 120 hp 2.0... What the hell would cause that much of a difference?

Sent from that one app with the gay annoying signature

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
So I could actually have a 180 hp 2.0... Or I could potentially have a 120 hp 2.0... What the hell would cause that much of a difference?

Sent from that one app with the gay annoying signature
machining tolerances, intake manifold/exhaust manifold defects, all that little stuff can add up I guess. now if anyone actually loses the full 20% power from it.. highly doubt it. I'm guessing there is a 4-7% difference in hp/tq between 99% of the engines

·
College Zoom-Zoom
3,248 Posts
20%, I'm calling bullshit on that. In my Bosch plant, the tolerance are super tight for ESP and ABS systems found in a ton of cars on the market. If they have such tight tolerances for a sub-component, the part that actually powers the vehicle has to have tight tolerances as well.

1 - 20 of 111 Posts