2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to buy an Eonon GA5163 HU. There site says it's compatible for the Mazda 3 2010-2012. My question is there any differences in the wiring from the 2012 to the 2013. I have non Bose 2013 Mazda 3 Hatchback (Skyactiv)

·
Registered
5 Posts
I, too, am thinking of the same HU, but I have the Bose system. I asked Eonon and they replied that the unit would fit the 2013, but they were not sure about Bose since they had not tested it yet. I'm tempted to buy it because I really like the features on it, but I'll lose around $50-$60 if I have to return it. Maybe there is someone that has more knowledge on this stuff that can tell me if this would work?:smile2:

·
Registered
484 Posts
The OEM radio part numbers between the 2012 and 2013 are identical, so it "should" work just fine.

·
Registered
3 Posts
perezj30, the GA5163 can be used on a car with the bose system, but some of the wires neeed to be modified or else the audio output is loud and there's no way to set the volume to a low sound.

Basically there are 4 sets of 2 wires that need to be soldered to RCA plugs. This youtube talks about it in greater detail: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnSsZtXvNMw

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
SWEET! I actually couldn't wait and ordered a HU anyway, it was a limited time deal on ebay so I risked it. I was worrying about it this whole time. I contacted Eonon too but the guy I was talking to was saying his techs were unsure so he asked me to send a picture of the back of the unit. I appreciate the responses!:laugh2:

I, too, am thinking of the same HU, but I have the Bose system. I asked Eonon and they replied that the unit would fit the 2013, but they were not sure about Bose since they had not tested it yet. I'm tempted to buy it because I really like the features on it, but I'll lose around $50-$60 if I have to return it. Maybe there is someone that has more knowledge on this stuff that can tell me if this would work?:smile2:
I've heard of other owners modifying the cable into RCAs like Ridilla was saying. From what I saw on other posts it didn't look complicated to do

I'll make a post and/or update this one when I get it installed.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2013 and I have the D5163Z (non - android version) installed.

Everything works fine except the radio reception isnt too great, but i dont think thats because its a 2013. I might have to re-seat the plug

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have the GA5163 and I can tell you its great, especially after the android 4.4 update. I can help you with the update if need be. I have an install video if you look at Dannyvsproduts you can see the whole install from start to finish. I also have a video about how to make the OBDII work with the GA5163 and about a cool reverse camera trick. Anyway if you have any questions about the radio let me know, ill be happy to help.

·
Registered
5 Posts
AUX solution

I also have a video about how I have created a solution for the AUX issue since it wont work with the GA5163.

·
Registered
1 Posts
"I have the GA5163 and I can tell you its great, especially after the android 4.4 update. I can help you with the update if need be. I have an install video if you look at Dannyvsproduts you can see the whole install from start to finish. I also have a video about how to make the OBDII work with the GA5163 and about a cool reverse camera trick. Anyway if you have any questions about the radio let me know, ill be happy to help."

HI,

I'd really like to see the tricks and video you mentioned above.

I am thinking about this radio from Eonon to put into my 2012 Mazda 3 Sedan Grand Touring (SkyActive).

I have the Bose system, so do you have insight into that as well?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Subwoofer

Anybody get a subwoofer & amp working with this head unit? I can't find a subwoofer control on this radio & it wont send signal to my amp!

Thanks!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts