2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. I'm new here, and about to become a owner of a 2015 Mazda 3 Sport GT soon. I want to recreate the look of the Clubsport concept in red, that Mazda has shown off at some car shows. After some research (no thanks to Mazda.ca), I figured out pretty much all the exterior addons can be purchased as options with my planned 3. The only thing I haven't found out is if Mazda does some how offer for sale the vinyl deco. This morning, I saw a video review where the Mazda 3 that was being road tested, had the Clubsport decal on it, but the interior was one of the retail versions. I even phoned up Mazda Canada and asked them about the decals, and they said they'd phone back, but haven't, lol. Otherwise, my other option is to get a vinyl designer to recreate the graphics from photos.

Attachments

·
Registered
70 Posts
I plan on getting the Clubsport decals after new wheels, a tune, air ride and a larger real spoiler. Should complete the look.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Anybody found for 4 door Mazda 3 decals, something like this one ?

Attachments

·
Horses!
80 Posts
I am installing them right now. Actually, coffee break right now ;)

the quality is not perfect, but from further than 1m away it looks good. and for the price it's a steal! (low cutting precision so edges are not perfectly smooth) and the bits above headlights have slightly different shape (too wide).

Attachments

·
Registered
75 Posts
Hehe I like how you just cleaned the parts where you put the stickers on :laugh2:

Please post a pic when you're finished. I'm wondering how the stickers look on a white M3 without the spoilerkit since I dont have them too.:thumbup1:

·
Horses!
80 Posts
Waiting for better weather to get back to it, had to stop yesterday due to rain.
now I have to get to the difficult part, big strips on the sides. Having no previous experience in applying vinyls doesn't help ;)

btw, my car is Snowflake White (pearlescent) and it looks great with the vinyl on.

·
Horses!
80 Posts
only one comment. NEVER AGAIN. I'd rather pay somebody to do it professionally rather than doing it myself.
The big long black strips on the sides, as well as black bits on the rear bumper are very difficult due to body shape of the car, and it's pretty much impossible to do perfect job with just 1 pair of hands.

·
Registered
108 Posts
only one comment. NEVER AGAIN. I'd rather pay somebody to do it professionally rather than doing it myself.
The big long black strips on the sides, as well as black bits on the rear bumper are very difficult due to body shape of the car, and it's pretty much impossible to do perfect job with just 1 pair of hands.
Golly that looks so nice... Where I'm from, I dont think there's a shop here that does that kind of work... Guess just gonna have to get a few friends to help lol:laugh2: Great Job!!! What would you rate the quality on the stickers?:surprise:

·
Horses!
80 Posts
Golly that looks so nice... Where I'm from, I dont think there's a shop here that does that kind of work... Guess just gonna have to get a few friends to help lol:laugh2: Great Job!!! What would you rate the quality on the stickers?:surprise:
Definitely get somebody to help you, even if that's only to help peeling the wax paper off, and holding/stretching the stickers as you apply them.
and don't do it outside on a sunny breezy day.

quality - I'd say about 7 out of 10. Not bad at all, but clearly not a professional product. There is a few very problematic bits, like the long strips - you have to cut them around doors and body panels yourself, which is tricky to do and leaves gaps where you can clearly see the colour of the car (I fixed that temporarily with plastidip)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts