2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

Mazda 3 BM Xenon lights

4K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  voltizar1 
#1 ·
Hello guys!
So this is my first post, so bare with me on this one. :laugh2::laugh2:

My plan is to mount original Mazda 3 Xenon headlights on my Mz3, but before i order the headlights i want to know, what is diffrent?
Is it plug and play, or do i need to make my own plug, of the wires there are now, i know there is a automatic level adjustment, but i want it to work with the manual one, so you still can adjust them.

Do any of you have a picture or a diagram of the light plugs (the things where you connect the wire to the headlight) or can some of you explane what is diffrent.

BTW i have halogen lights on now.

Best Regards!
SomthingLocal

#2 ·
Hey man,

Seems like it could be more trouble than it's worth considering the price for original parts and complexities of the "swivel" system - not sure if there's a mechanical or electrical hookup that gives the headlights the wheel turn information. Check out this link:

2015 Mazda3 HID/DRL install - Mazda3 Forums : The #1 Mazda 3 Forum

Might be smarter to just purchase HID bulbs to throw in.

#3 ·
There are two different types of OEM bi xenon lights The regular GT had manual leveling without the swivel feature the tech package got the auto leveling and swiveling. That being said neither option is cheap, in my 2010 GT they replaced both headlights under warranty for the fogging problem and the lamps ran $1200 CDN each.

Pat.

#4 ·
Mazda makes so many different versions of bulbs for the '3 that I gave up trying to understand it.
for the 2014's there was regular, Bixenon, HID, adaptive...

If you want the adaptive light system to work... I would not bother. You need to mount the thing , and wire electrical wires for it which may or may not have its own computer module that will talk to ECU for steering.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.