2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys

I have been driving European cars in past 15 years and a 2012 Mazda 3 that i have is my second daily driver .
I've been trying to find a way so when i lock the car , it would automatically close the windows , fold the mirrors and close the sunroof . On my previous cars this was possible by holding the lock key on the remote or any other way but i was able to do it . But i have not been able to find it on my Mazda 3 .

I also tried looking for a kit that i could install that could do this for me , but i could not find a Mazda 3 specific one .

So what I need is a way for the car to close it's windows , fold it mirrors and close the sunroof when i lock the car and i was hopping you guys could help me with that .

thanks .

·
Super Moderator
6,386 Posts
Its an inexpensive 5 year old semi-econobox. Not likely to happen, ever.
Some cars, JDM spec I think, do have power folding mirrors though.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Its an inexpensive 5 year old semi-econobox. Not likely to happen, ever.
Some cars, JDM spec I think, do have power folding mirrors though.
My car has power folding mirrors and key less entry system .
So i think it might be done by some changes in the BSI or ECU .

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
it should work , i will order it and see what happens . I will order 2 sets , one for the windows and i will try to adapt another set for mirrors and sunroof .
it's really funny , my 2006 pug 206 gti has this feature built in .

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i got hold of one and for windows it work OK . the problem is that i could not set any thing to work with power folding mirrors and sunroof .

·
Registered
218 Posts
i got hold of one and for windows it work OK . the problem is that i could not set any thing to work with power folding mirrors and sunroof .
I don't know about doing power folding mirrors, but I'm sure it's possible for the sunroof, I just haven't taken or had the time to look for the right wires to splice into.

·
Registered
720 Posts
I want a window opener. My Accord used to roll down all 4 windows if you held the unlock button down on the key. Very nice to have during Texas summers.

Reactions: Road Trip

·
Registered
218 Posts
I want a window opener. My Accord used to roll down all 4 windows if you held the unlock button down on the key. Very nice to have during Texas summers.
That would probably mean having to get an alarm system with that function.

·
Gearhead
1,841 Posts
Would work well even in the normally cool PNW, though we are now in the 100's, going to 108 degrees this week.

However, just saw an article that said the fastest way to cool a hot car is to do/not do the following:

1) Lower rear windows fully (not the front ones);
2) Turn on A/C on, fan on max (but not recirculate), and obviously to the lowest A/C temp setting.

Then once reasonable, roll up your back windows, turn on air recirculate

These things will flush the hot air out the car the fastest..., and in turn allow the A/C to cool you the fastest.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts