2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all.
Was wondering is it possible to put 4-5gen multimedia in gen 3 Mazda ? The main thing I want in my Mazda android auto. I tried hacked version of Android auto. But it's disconnected a lot of times to me that pisses to me too much, especially when you driving , using gps and suddenly when you need to take a turn somewhere after 1 min it's just disconnects or screen comes back to Mazda connect and frozens... As I read Mazda 5 gen already have android auto, how about Mazda 4 gen ? And is it possible to install it in gen 3 ?

· Registered
M3
132 Posts
Hey all.
Was wondering is it possible to put 4-5gen multimedia in gen 3 Mazda ? The main thing I want in my Mazda android auto. I tried hacked version of Android auto. But it's disconnected a lot of times to me that pisses to me too much, especially when you driving , using gps and suddenly when you need to take a turn somewhere after 1 min it's just disconnects or screen comes back to Mazda connect and frozens... As I read Mazda 5 gen already have android auto, how about Mazda 4 gen ? And is it possible to install it in gen 3 ?
You can buy a genuine factory kit for gen3s. It's a new usb module and 2 cables. You'll also need to update firmware to at least version 70 before you install it too.

· Registered
15 Posts
I know this doesn't answer your question, but Android Auto is pretty notorious for disconnections. Many people (including myself) managed to solve that by finding the right high quality USB cable. I've seen the Anker Powerline+ recommended in a few places such as this:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts