2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I was wondering if anyone with a digital signal processor had taken a look at what the built-in equalization of the mazda 3 2015 headunit looked like. I know there is a huge roll-off (high-pass filter) below about 40-45 Hz, but just of how much, I don't know.

Also, has anyone gotten to bypass this annoying eq without the use of a digital signal processor?

Thank you.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Hello,

I was wondering if anyone with a digital signal processor had taken a look at what the built-in equalization of the mazda 3 2015 headunit looked like. I know there is a huge roll-off (high-pass filter) below about 40-45 Hz, but just of how much, I don't know.

Also, has anyone gotten to bypass this annoying eq without the use of a digital signal processor?

Thank you.
Connected a 7 band equalizer between PAC and amp, which helps my system sound better

·
Registered
196 Posts
I would be interested to know about the built-in equalization for both the dash and door speaker. If you are going to add a sub then make sure you get an amp that has a bass boost. Most of these gains are centered around 45hz although you can check the manual of the amp to confirm.

·
Registered
196 Posts
At the 11:40 mark of this video the installer comments on what equalization was done to a CX-3, which should be similar to the Mazda3. My biggest concern is that the equalization changes as you as you turn up the volume, which is difficult to compensate for.

·
Registered
42 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts