2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All -

Fiance got her Mazda3 back in April after waiting almost 6 months for a 6 sp. Glad she waited. It is an awesome daily fun driver.

Samsung 8 and Android Auto is always glitchy.

1. Google Maps just freezes
2. Any and all music sources are glitchy. They seem to work for a while, then no go. We tried Google Music, then transferred library to the new YT music and Amazon Music Sometimes playlists are there, sometimes they aren't. Sometimes songs just stop playing, sometimes not all songs are listed, etc.

Audio books seem to play fine. I know a decent upgrade is on the way, but any other ideas here. All software on car and phone up to date.

I have a new Pixel 4a and could try to replicate the issues with my phone, but don't drive the car enough!!!

·
Registered
329 Posts
Yep, there's an issue going around. Not sure if it's on google or Mazda's side. Most likely google or combination of both

I had an s8 that I used in the car for about a year with 0 problems. Got an s20 that worked well for three months, then with a recent update, it is almost unusable at times in the car. It works fine with just nav, but when you try to play music it freezes the whole screen requiring an unplug of the phone

I think most of the issue lies with Google and their software. Hopefully they realise and fix it soon. There is lots of reports of issues across many car manufacturers lately. The update that broke it was when android auto was integrated into the operating system and was no longer an app you could download from the play store.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Try a higher quality cable.
I know this can be hard to determine.
But they are not all equal.
This is true as well. The cable can cause freezing and weird issues, especially if it sits in the sun alot.

Just for reference to OP

·
Registered
646 Posts
Hi All -

Fiance got her Mazda3 back in April after waiting almost 6 months for a 6 sp. Glad she waited. It is an awesome daily fun driver.
What's the Mazda world come to with a person having to wait 6 mos. for a hatchback 3 with a 6mt???? Are manual transmissions in Mazda's - even Mazda's with a Sport orientation - so rare?

I guess my '17 Mazda6 6mt is pretty rare too.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Just so you know, It does look like it's leaning towards more of an issue with google. I even bought a 24 dollar USB C cable with 5 gbps transfer speed and sometimes it still freezes and lags

·
Registered
15 Posts
Have you/she tried testing the stability of just using Bluetooth? (and/or making sure bluetooth on the phone is off?)

FWIW, I've had no issues with Apple CarPlay using Spotify, Google Music, etc. - I would suspect Google. Mostly because I have been an Android person pretty much since it came out, but with my Pixel 3 (last android phone) I noticed a lot of funky issues with connectivity to things through USB with peripheral devices, but I switched to iPhone before I got the Mazda 3..

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Have you/she tried testing the stability of just using Bluetooth? (and/or making sure bluetooth on the phone is off?)

FWIW, I've had no issues with Apple CarPlay using Spotify, Google Music, etc. - I would suspect Google. Mostly because I have been an Android person pretty much since it came out, but with my Pixel 3 (last android phone) I noticed a lot of funky issues with connectivity to things through USB with peripheral devices, but I switched to iPhone before I got the Mazda 3..

Android does seem to be the culprit somehow. Isn't a big AA update on its way?

·
Registered
252 Posts
This is not a Mazda issue. Its an Android Auto issue.. You will have better luck on the AA forums.. These issues are happening all over the the place not just Mazda.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts