2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This Morning I went to turn on my car and this happened.
Everything turned on and worked perfectly. so i proceeded to test everything to see if there was anything I could figure out.

I took it to Mazda and they are saying it could be some kind of glitch...
I think it could possibly be the adaptive cruise control.

Anyone else have this happen to them?

Attachments

·
Registered
30 Posts
Actually this is the kind of thing that make me worried about how reliable my Mazda3 will be 3-5 years down the road......

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Actually this is the kind of thing that make me worried about how reliable my Mazda3 will be 3-5 years down the road......
Agreed... Its been at the dealership all day and they have yet to update me on what is going on...

·
Registered
186 Posts
Search and you will find my experience. The end result was very good for my car. But it took a LONG time. Dealer was great. They tell me that the end result is my car has all the brains and sensors of a 2020 model. It made a very substantial positive impact on the performance. I'm still holding my breath to see if it lasts. I predict it will be smooth sailing from here. We shall see. I do love the car now that the brain has been transplanted and it runs the way it should.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Update - today on the way home I had another serious engine malfunction warning and the car went into limp mode.

Ugh.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just got done with the whole lemon law process for my 2019. It was a nightmare, Mazda was very unprofessional about the whole thing. That is until my attorney stepped in, that got them to act right real fast.

·
Registered
3 Posts
What happend to yours?
Power steering kept having “malfunctions”, auto headlights would malfunction at temperatures above 80, safety systems would disable themselves after “malfunctioning”, my paint started getting dull spots all over the hood. I could go on and on...but basically I got a real bad lemon. They replaced multiple computer components, wiring harnesses, modules. You name it and they probably touched it. My vehicle was in the shop for over 60 consecutive days! Then Mazda tried to give me a “new” vehicle that was lower than my current trim...and for the same price! So I went the lemon law route, I Got a buyback offer in less than a month. Before attorneys got involved, I just kept getting the runaround. Mazda corporate was NASTY to me, overall horrible experience. Miss the car tho, it was a beauty.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I just got done with the whole lemon law process for my 2019. It was a nightmare, Mazda was very unprofessional about the whole thing. That is until my attorney stepped in, that got them to act right real fast.
What happend to yours?
Power steering kept having “malfunctions”, auto headlights would malfunction at temperatures above 80, safety systems would disable themselves after “malfunctioning”, my paint started getting dull spots all over the hood. I could go on and on...but basically I got a real bad lemon. They replaced multiple computer components, wiring harnesses, modules. You name it and they probably touched it. My vehicle was in the shop for over 60 consecutive days! Then Mazda tried to give me a “new” vehicle that was lower than my current trim...and for the same price! So I went the lemon law route, I Got a buyback offer in less than a month. Before attorneys got involved, I just kept getting the runaround. Mazda corporate was NASTY to me, overall horrible experience. Miss the car tho, it was a beauty.
That's the frustrating part
These cars are works of art when they are working right. But when they aren't they are really frustrating

·
Super Moderator
4,308 Posts
These cars are works of art when they are working right. But when they aren't they are really frustrating
And this is a big part of the problem- overly complicated stuff thats probably not ready for prime time, lots of things to go wrong and as everything is connected when one thing happens it can lead to a cascade failure of a bunch of systems rendering the car undriveable.
This is the sort of thing you would expect in high dollar cars like Ferrari. They are great when they work, if they work, but when something goes wrong it goes right off the rails.....Mazda want to be a luxury brand like BMW, well, they seem to have got the BMW reliability part down pat......
Mazda is trying way too hard to be something it isn't...... and is failing badly....

·
Registered
62 Posts
I thought it was safe to buy the first year of a new Mazda generation. I have never had any problems in the past.

Could you imagine the troubles we would face with a new MX-30?

·
Registered
100 Posts
I thought it was safe to buy the first year of a new Mazda generation. I have never had any problems in the past.

Could you imagine the troubles we would face with a new MX-30?
Or how about the skyactiv x? That's a totally new engine design and just came out....

·
Registered
30 Posts
The MX-30 will benefit from the painful de-bugging process presently ongoing, and paid for by the 2019-2020 Mazda3 owners' pain and suffering. So, at least theoretically, they will come in with a more "robust" IT platform.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Or how about the skyactiv x? That's a totally new engine design and just came out....
I wouldn't buy a Skyactiv-X equipped car for at least 18 months after initial release. I think there are going to be a host of teething problems for the Mazda engineers to deal with.

·
Registered
186 Posts
The dealer looked at my 3 today. He reports that the car threw a code and the problem that put it into limp mode was the exact same problem that the car had before. So all the work they did failed to correct the issue. Seems like they have no clue what is causing the problem. The Mazda guy is supposed to talk to the dealer today or tomorrow about what comes next.

·
Registered
54 Posts
The dealer looked at my 3 today. He reports that the car threw a code and the problem that put it into limp mode was the exact same problem that the car had before. So all the work they did failed to correct the issue. Seems like they have no clue what is causing the problem. The Mazda guy is supposed to talk to the dealer today or tomorrow about what comes next.
this is scary. if it's a matter of time before we all get it. maybe rpg51 is lucky at this point. it could go to buyback or something.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Ask them to physically look at the rocker arm to see if it's dislodged

1 - 20 of 48 Posts