2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys!

From 160 kph (approx) the noise that is attached a notice begins and it seems that with speed and wind increases. This before he did not pass He tried to remove the air, not to move the direction or step on clutch ... but none of them seems to affect.

I attach the audio in case anyone has any idea that it can be ...
soundcloud,com/user-679928076/mazda-3-noise

(Substitute "," by "." in the lync)
Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey, I did not explain it well enough. Find the corrected message below:

From 160 kph (approx) the whistle of the attached track falls inside the car. The sound increases when speed and wind increase.

I tried to turn off A/C, not to step on the gas pedal and not steering ... but none of these actions seems to affect the whistle.

This is not a tipical wind sound, you can check it in the audio recording I have uploaded in soundcloud:
soundcloud,com/user-679928076/mazda-3-noise
(Substitute "," by "." in the lync)

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
980 Posts
I don't understand what you're trying to say but if you're complaining about the noise at 100mph, I think there are bigger things to worry about than noise.
LMAO! >:) I had real good laugh right there dunno why... (Hey hon +160!, Look at me no hands)

Now to answer OP question, I think it's safe to say that at that speed what you are hearing is the increase of wind noise, the faster you travel the bigger the wind noise.

Also, our cars are not sealed like fighter jets, they are economic sedans at the end of the day and it would be normal for wind noise to be heard inside the cabin.

My humble recommendation is to let it go, and if you see that no pieces are flying out from your car at that speed then you are OK! 0:)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
LMAO! >:) I had real good laugh right there dunno why... (Hey hon +160!, Look at me no hands)

Now to answer OP question, I think it's safe to say that at that speed what you are hearing is the increase of wind noise, the faster you travel the bigger the wind noise.

Also, our cars are not sealed like fighter jets, they are economic sedans at the end of the day and it would be normal for wind noise to be heard inside the cabin.

My humble recommendation is to let it go, and if you see that no pieces are flying out from your car at that speed then you are OK! 0:)
I see your point but it isn't a normal wind noise, you can check it listening the recording. Thx anyway!

·
Registered
980 Posts
I see your point but it isn't a normal wind noise, you can check it listening the recording. Thx anyway!
I heard the audio, so my questions to you are:

1- Is this audio being recorded with a dash cam?
2- Second of all, are you able to hear this noise on the cabin by yourself? Meaning with your own "ears" or it something you can only hear with a device that has recording capabilities?
3- Do you have window side deflector install on your vehicle?

·
Super Moderator
5,253 Posts
Heres what to do to solve this issue-
Once you reach 100mph, lower both rear rear windows completely and leave them down for about a minute, then raise them. You'll never complain about wind noise again after that.:laughing019:

·
*The Electrician*
884 Posts
Have you looked under the drivers and passenger mirrors? When I took delivery of my Mazda 3 they forgot to remove a sticker and it made an odd noise that took me a few days to figure out.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I heard the audio, so my questions to you are:

1- Is this audio being recorded with a dash cam?
2- Second of all, are you able to hear this noise on the cabin by yourself? Meaning with your own "ears" or it something you can only hear with a device that has recording capabilities?
3- Do you have window side deflector install on your vehicle?
1-No, it was recorded with my mobile phone and it looks the real thing.
2-Yes, the volume of the recorded track is the same volume you hear with your own ears
3-No
Thx

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Have you looked under the drivers and passenger mirrors? When I took delivery of my Mazda 3 they forgot to remove a sticker and it made an odd noise that took me a few days to figure out.
I take that off some time ago, morover, this sound didn't exist during the first months I drove the car.

·
Registered
980 Posts
@elcorbatitas, Without being there and just by hearing the wind noise from a recorded audio it's very difficult to really know what the problem really is if there is any problem at all...

I hope someone here is able to help you further. Maximum case, take it to the dealership and maybe they will be able to help you :)

·
Registered
156 Posts
So if I understand this right then, in the month since you've owned it.... someone taught your car how to whistle. Find out whoever it is and have them teach it to hum next. (Sorry, couldn't resist.)

·
Registered
295 Posts
160km/h is just silly. At that rate of speed your putting yourself in danger, not to mention others. Here in Canada, if you are caught going 50KM over the limit they immediately impound your car, take away your licence for 1 week and charge you up to $10,000. My Dad was a Police Officer and the stories he'd tell me were simply....tragic. So hey, slower er down and kill two birds with one stone (no pun intended)......no noise, and prevent injury. #IJUSTCARE :)

·
Registered
109 Posts
160km/h is just silly. At that rate of speed your putting yourself in danger, not to mention others. Here in Canada, if you are caught going 50KM over the limit they immediately impound your car, take away your licence for 1 week and charge you up to $10,000. My Dad was a Police Officer and the stories he'd tell me were simply....tragic. So hey, slower er down and kill two birds with one stone (no pun intended)......no noise, and prevent injury. #IJUSTCARE :)
i think you missed where he said he drives on the autobahn

unless you didnt, then im curious to see why you feel its silly i guess

·
Registered
295 Posts
LOL, yup, missed that part......Oh come on now, I need to explain why its "silly" ? anyway...moving along... :)

·
Registered
295 Posts
Curiosity killed the cat bro. Moving on. I got more important things take care of vs. having to provide an explanation. The best part of life is that we can always agree to disagree, that's what makes this world turn. Convo over. Have an awesome day :)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts