2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi,

i'm looking for the navigation software of the Mazda 3.
meaning the content of the SD card.

maybe someone can direct me for a download of this.

thanks

Felix

·
Mazda "E" Division
1,274 Posts
hi,

i'm looking for the navigation software of the Mazda 3.
meaning the content of the SD card.

maybe someone can direct me for a download of this.

thanks

Felix
Mazda toolbox downloads the most current version of Maps.

Use the forum search for more info

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The SD card comes in many different flavors, depending on which part of the world you are. Which one u want?
well, the Europe i believe.
though the content of my SD cards is very small, it takes only about 140M and it works fine.
while i saw here a very large files...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Uhuh, what you have stated above doesn't seem to be the case with Mazda navigation.

I am pretty sure the navigation software (at least the core of it) is integrated in CMU firmware. Extracted it looks like this:
https://my.hidrive.com/share/hsodpqja.l#$/jci-linux_imx6_volans-release

SD card mostly consists of data like maps, languages, voices, speedcams:
https://my.hidrive.com/share/hsodpqja.l#$/Mazda_Navi_SD_Card_Content

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Uhuh, what you have stated above doesn't seem to be the case with Mazda navigation.

I am pretty sure the navigation software (at least the core of it) is integrated in CMU firmware. Extracted it looks like this:
https://my.hidrive.com/share/hsodpqja.l#$/jci-linux_imx6_volans-release

SD card mostly consists of data like maps, languages, voices, speedcams:
https://my.hidrive.com/share/hsodpqja.l#$/Mazda_Navi_SD_Card_Content
exactly, because of this it was strange for me to see that people are using cards of 8G while i got original
one of 2G and only 140M of it is taken.

though there are files in the card that being updated besides maps and poi...

even the latest toolbox of mazda doesn't recognize the SD card which is very strange since i got it with the car.

·
Registered
570 Posts
exactly, because of this it was strange for me to see that people are using cards of 8G while i got original
one of 2G and only 140M of it is taken.

though there are files in the card that being updated besides maps and poi...

even the latest toolbox of mazda doesn't recognize the SD card which is very strange since i got it with the car.
This is all a mystery to me as I'm quite familiar with this aspect of the system. As far as I know, no others have commented on similar observations.

Just curious, does Mazda tool box indicate your VIN number and expiration date?

Obviously the navigation software and firmware is imbedded in the CMU which has already been pointed out.

I would either contact customer service thru Mazda toolbox...they will respond to you within a few days, but not necessarily as fast as they indicate or contact the dealer service department. It's an issue which I would not wait too long to resolve. If Mazda toolbox is not identifying your card and it's an original card which came with the car...there is an issue.

I'll be curious to the outcome as I'm not sure there is an answer within this forum.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
the problem is that toolbox is stuck on insert sd card that was supplied with the car.
i can't do anything, only press help and back...

it seems that the file in the address you shared are not suitable with my system though it has Israel in it....

i really don't understand what is going on.

·
Registered
570 Posts
the problem is that toolbox is stuck on insert sd card that was supplied with the car.

it seems that the file in the address you shared are not suitable with my system though it has Israel in it....

Assuming you don't have the card in the lock position and you know your SD card reader is working properly with other SD's, then only solution is to contact contact Mazda.

·
Registered
312 Posts

Did you buy the car from the dealer with the card or used from someone other than the dealer? If used the previous owner may have had a counterfeit card.

Post a photo of your card as well as the CMU firmware version. Here is a US card photo (of course counterfeiters also make good labels) as well as the card root folder contents. As you can see it contains much more than 140M of files for US maps.

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i have bought the car with the navigation from the Mazda dealer.
i will add later on the card picture.
the CMU version is 59.00.502 (hope that this is what you meant)

·
Registered
570 Posts
i have bought the car with the navigation from the Mazda dealer.
i will add later on the card picture.
the CMU version is 59.00.502 (hope that this is what you meant)
No...I think what Anderml1955 is getting at is what is the actual provenance of your car? If you bought it new, then it should be under warranty. If you bought it used at the dealership, is it still under warranty? Maybe the previous owner installed a counterfeit card and the dealership unknowingly sold you the car with that SD. I assumed in your question that you bought your 2017 car new.

Regardless, your card has issues and your fix no matter how you go about it is to get a new card and/or get some direct assistance from Mazda (as I outlined below). If the car is still under warranty and you assumed you had navigation...don't wait and just contact Mazda.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts