2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have firmware 59.00.something (EU).
I don't have new cables / ports for Android Auto.

Can i install firmware 70.00.352B even without new ports/cables? Will everything keep working (without Android Auto)?
I don't need to use Android Auto. I just would like to get newest software.

Do i need to install 70.00.335C fist? Do i have to stay on 70.00.335C because i need to replace ports/cables in order to support 70.00.352B?

On HiDrive we can read:
> 70.00.335C (1 file, update.up) A Stage 2 Update for All Mazda Models 'with or without' CarPlay or AndroidAuto in car use.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi. I have mazda 3 2016 sat nav 4dr and currently I'm using Android auto. How? mazdatweaks.com
You can find on this site everything. Just you need a laptop to install the program and USB stick. And that's it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
And you don't need to upgrade the firmware. I have the same firmware 59.00.320 something like that. You find everything on that site. I hope that you will find your answer there.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you Jaky. That's a good option but i would really like to know if i can install 70.00.335C even without new usb hub/ports and cables required for Android Auto to work.

·
Registered
83 Posts
yes you can. you cannot do it in reverse way

if you first install carplay cables and then software - then you will never get it to work

but if you first install new software than you can install cables anytime or you can drive without them if you dont want carplay

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you popi2009! That's what i was hoping it could be done! This weekend i will try to find the time to do the upgrade!! Do you know if versions above 70.00.335C can be installed without carplay cables. There is already version 70.00.352B.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts