2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a European Mazda 3, purchased a bit more more than a month ago and I have a small issue with the central air vents. On the European models, the central vents have airflow adjustment dials and when I go over 100 kph (60 mph) with the dials set to a low output, the vents start to whistle. If I go faster, like 150-160 kph (it's the autobahn so I'm not breaking any laws :) ) the whistling is really really loud. And it's just the two central ones that exhibit this issue, the two side ones have no problem at any dial setting. The only way I can have it disappear is if I completely close the vents using the airflow dials, if I set them to max or if I press the button on the climate unit that recirculates the air inside, so basically I cut the outside airflow completely. Now to my question, is this a design flaw and any of you guys experienced this or it's something particularly wrong with my car and I should go to the dealer ?

P.S.: I noticed from reviews that the US models don't have those airflow adjusting dials on the central air vents ... which is a bit odd I would say

·
Registered
70 Posts
I haven't experienced the same on mine. I would strongly recommend to bring it back to the dealer. It doesn't sound normal to me.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I went to the dealer and asked about this and they said it's by design. So i'll work around this in the summer, either keep them closed or fully opened because now being cold it's all about the warm air that the car's heating system gives so no whistling.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts