2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I recently got my perfectly running Mazda 3 2012 totaled by an ahole who I noticed driving crazy the whole time before the wreck. Anyways long story short his insurance says he's not on the policy even though car is insured they wont pay. I file claim with my insurance they pay me out. I buy a used 2016 Mazda 3 18,000 miles.

Had the car for about 4 days when a guy who lives in my subdivision hits me from the back. Not to hard but hard enough. Now my bumper cover is cracked in the back.

I've placed a claim with his insurance but they said some nonsense about needing to do a policy review and they recommend I just file a claim with my insurance. After just filing a claim with mine I'm not going to file another my rates are already going to rise.

So I want to get a new bumper and I've looked online but I have no idea who is reputable and who is not. I'll get the bumper and have a local shop paint it and install it myself. Please let me know what sites you guy use for parts like this.

As far why this post was so long for such a short question? I needed to vent.

·
Registered
184 Posts
https://www.parkmazdaoemparts.com/parts/2015/Mazda/3/Grand Touring/index.cfm?action=partDetail&section=BODY HARDWARE&group=REAR BUMPER&subgroup=BUMPER & COMPONENTS&component=Bumper cover&partnumber=BJT650221ABB&vehicleid=421954&siteid=215334

https://www.parkmazdaoemparts.com/parts/2015/Mazda/3/Grand Touring/index.cfm?action=partDetail&section=BODY HARDWARE&group=REAR BUMPER&subgroup=BUMPER & COMPONENTS&component=Bumper cover&partnumber=BHN150221ABB&vehicleid=421954&siteid=215334

One is for hatch, the other is sedan.

This is 2015 model though... their online catalog doesn't show 2016, but I'm sure if you give them a call, they can probably ship them out to you.

Don't pay anything out of pocket, and don't let let them hoodwink you into not filing a claim directly with them.

If they give you a hard time, file a complaint with your state insurance commission with carefully explaining what happened, and they will make your problem disappear. Trust me. Your state insurance commission can give a lot of shits to insurance operators with its state and it keeps track of complaints carefully.

good luck.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you sir. Yes I still filed a claim with them will not be going through my insurance at all. Didn't think about filing a complaint I will do that if things go south.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts