2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I bought a mazda 3 gt 2015 2 weeks ago.

The first week I had the car, I remember that the navigation screen would sync with google maps and give me directions (google map would just pop up in a small rectangle top of the screen)

Basically, google maps directions were being synchronised with the nav screen.

At some point a few days after buying, I found out that the screen had the ghost glitch and took it to the dealer for replacement. They replaced it and now I'm not able to see google maps directions anymore.

To be clear, previously if I put an destination in gmaps, and my phone was bluetooth connected to the nav, turn directions would shop up top of the screen.

Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
899 Posts
Perhaps your car had the inofficial Android Auto Tweak from AIO Tweaks (www.mazdatweaks.com) installed when you bought it - and with the screen replacement your dealer did a firmware update of the MZD. By that all tweaks are removed. Just my guess.

You could check the current MZD Firmware (FW) version in the MZD settings menu (e.g. 70.00.352).

To use Android Auto again you have two options:
a) Buy Android Auto/Apple Carplay at your dealer (new usb hub/new cables)
b) Do the serial access to be able to install tweaks via usb - like the Android Auto Tweak (no CarPlay Tweak available).
b1) If your FW is below 70.00.335: www.mazdatweaks.com/serial
b2) If your FW is 70.00 335 or higher:
www.mazdatweaks.com/id7

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have android so ya thanks. Ill try to install the android auto tweak!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts