2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help!

My 2014 Mazda 3 infotainment touch screen is going all crazy. It will randomly"touch" and press buttons on its own while driving, meaning it will touch the communication icon and start dialing contacts, or will change the radio station or cancel navigation.

I have aio tweaks installed with Android auto and it does that even in Android Auto mode. So I'll navigate to google maps and it will glitch out and cancel my mapped route.

I have the touch screen while driving mod on from aio too. But I cannot disable it since my system no longer reads the aio usb tweaks.

How do I fix this?

If it helps any I also have the slightly cracking screen towards the top as common in Mazdas.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I came here looking for some insight into similar behavior with my 2015 Mazda 3.

Might be a touch panel issue. There is a technical service bullitin out about this.

The forum won't let me post a link as I don't have any post history, but the thread get more info is titled "Infotainment system going crazy"

·
Registered
182 Posts
There is a TSB but the solution is replace the screen which is expensive. I think AIO has an option to disable the touch screen, that might be more economical solution.

Also look at the TSB, it tells you which head unit serial numbers are affected. All of the units I saw on ebay a week ago fell under the "defective" range

·
Registered
6 Posts
Unfortunately my wife's Mazda3 just started having this issue last week. I'm bringing it in tomorrow, but the car is out of warranty at this point. I'll get a quote and see if I can plead with the manager to have it covered. We've purchased three cars from the same dealer. If not, I'm going to have to figure out how to do the serial install of AIO.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just an update. The car did fall under the TSB. The manager offered to cover the cost of the unit, but said I would have to pay the labor (2 hrs at $75/hr). The screens are backordered a few weeks it seems, so I’ve got some time to officially decide. I figure $150 isn’t a bad price to repair the screen compared to just disabling the touch screen completely.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Just an update. The car did fall under the TSB. The manager offered to cover the cost of the unit, but said I would have to pay the labor (2 hrs at $75/hr). The screens are backordered a few weeks it seems, so I’ve got some time to officially decide. I figure $150 isn’t a bad price to repair the screen compared to just disabling the touch screen completely.
I'm going to try this with my dealer tomorrow or Monday. Mine is out of warranty as well, but I'd be willing to pony up $150 for the labor. I really don't feel like disassembling the screen and disconnecting the touchpad connector.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts