2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've been thinking of turboing my Mazda 3 2004, it currently has about 135k miles on it. I've heard that turboing it would be useless since of the high mileage. What are your opinions?

·
14 Mazda 3 HB
30 Posts
Turbo-ing a car with taht high of mileage would be the biggest waste of money. You mine as well trade ur car in and then put the extra money on top to buy the new MazdaSpeed3 when it comes out

·
Achtung!
879 Posts
It depends on what you're looking to get out of adding forced induction to your car.

I wouldn't say it's a waste of money, but I will say that it's a significant investment on a car. If it's well taken care of - 135k miles is nothing.

So, I think you should really ask yourself,
"Why?"
"How long will I be keeping this car?"
"Have I looked into long term costs of maintenance for forced induction?"
"What kind of condition is the car in to start with?"

I just realized that I'm an adult. Wow.

Reactions: tlseiler

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
@Loud3 My whole goal was to make a better performance car, but once I looked into maintenance I realized that probably would be better to just leave it stock and save up for a MazdaSpeed3. Thank you for your input

·
Registered
107 Posts
it's possible, it's been done, more and more people are doing it. Reliable tuning is available.

the big question is, your budget? you can't do it right for pennies. you need a solid budget, at least $2500 minimum to make a good K04 setup. or 3K to make a good setup on a garret / other turbo

1 - 6 of 6 Posts