2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Maby this is a question with no answers because i guess not so many of you ppl here have this problem ;)

The thing is that i am from the north parts of Scandinavia ( now days living in south parts but visiting my old home now and then ) and its nothing unusual that the weather in north Scandinavia during the winter can be minus 20-35´C.

So my question is, has someone been driving the Mazda 3 in these kind of conditions? I have experience from other car manufacturers ( like VW ) that the heating in the car dosent work as it should when it goes below minus 25´c and for sure dosent start all to good in the mornings.
I have a engine heater in my new car and its a diesle so it should help me a bit but i dont want to get any less happy suprises when i take the Mazda to cold weather so i hope someone has been trying it out already before me :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
I don't have heater but no probs here in Finland, we are closer to Siberia, 4th winter, actually diesel warms up quicker than many gasoline engines thanks for resistor-aided heating. I've kept mask open, no probs, it's japanese not french.

There are two major flaws:

Wiper blades rest on a cold area of windscreen and could freeze when snowing.

Aircon prefer footwell when car has warmed, no airflow to windscreen and it starts to freeze, which is dangerous at nighttime, you don't notice that when all alone in dark road but when you meet another car you are blind. There should be a little "leak" in heater flaps, now only cure is manual override.

Very nice to drive in winter but Nokian 8's were big disappointment in mixed conditions, I bought now Vredestein ArcTrac which feels better, car is quite light for a diesel. Guys in Netherland seem to know our weather conditions better than locals...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts