2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have a 3 month old Mazda3 saloon, 2.2 diesel, executive SE spec. Since the weather has gotten colder, I have noticed that while the car is running and stationary, very little heat comes out of the air vents. But while moving it's piping hot. This is when the temp is set to the highest.

Anyone else have this issue?

·
Registered
15 Posts
I wish we had the diesel engine in the US. I had a VW TDI and it was wonderful but the ticking time bomb of the HPFP problem ($6k-10k repair if it blows) made ownership a poor experience.

Diesel engines make very little heat at low RPM or at idle. In Canadian and Scandinavian cars they put electric auxiliary heaters in the cars to overcome this problem. What you are experiencing is perfectly normal for a diesel. They simply don't make heat like a gas or petrol engine. The best thing to have in a diesel car is heated seats.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've had diesels for 20+ years and this is the first one that runs cold while stationary. It should be warm enough to heat air.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I had also a 2010 VW TDI (always wanted a VW Diesel) not much heat idling. Got rid of it also because of the cost of problems they were having, HPFP (High Pressure Fuel Pump), sucking in water from inter-cooler ( I had that) particle filter system, dirty nasty pumps at truck stops.. Plus Diesel in my area is a dollar more than gas which kills any savings.
I no longer ever want a diesel

1 - 4 of 4 Posts