2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
That seems to be the only thing my Mazda 3 is missing... is a light under the hood.

Multiple times now, I have wanted to tighten or check something under the hood at night, and I can't see a thing! has anyone added one in yet??

·
stupid teacha bitch!
2,193 Posts

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
I have not added one, but a flashlight in my center console works wonders.
Flashlights work fine when you are just looking, but what if you need both hands?

I think an underhood light would be good!

·
Registered
347 Posts
Get a small flash light and hold it in your teeth as you work. Or a hard hat with a light if you don't like the "using your teeth idea"

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Get a small flash light and hold it in your teeth as you work. Or a hard hat with a light if you don't like the "using your teeth idea"
The teeth thing is awkward and uncomfortable. A hard hat also seems to be a bit much.

I agree with the OP that an underhood light would have been a great asset to the 3.

·
Registered
347 Posts
I agree that a light would help. The hard hat idea was kind of a joke but I know someone out there owns one and uses it so it is not that far off. As far as the flashlight idea, my light has a rubber coating at the end so you would not damage the chompers if you bit down on it.

·
Making People Mad
832 Posts
Put crazy fast and furious, blue neon lights in the engine bay! :tongue:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts