2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

Maybe Made a Mistake

Tags
made mistake
915 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  SlayZombi 
#1 ·
So I was painting my calipers today and I went to get the car out of park to that I can rotate the front rotors and next thing you know I stupidly pressed the brake pedal in with the calipers OFF the rotors on both front and back passenger side. I squeezed the front in no problem but the back was not going in (even though I had the right tool). So I thought hey, maybe I'm just going the wrong way. So I try to go backwards and the piston begins emerging out of the boot. I quickly rotated it back in and no oil came flooding out or anything. After realizing that I needed to put and good amount of force into it as I rotated it I got it back to original position in about 5 minutes. Question is, is there some kind of seal I broke from having it come out so much? I mean, it didn't come out all the way, and in fact it looked like it was about the range that a brake pad can go (if worn all the way down). There was a small bit of moisture around the boot which looked like some kind of grease. Am I ok or is this some kind of issue where now that it came out far enough it will always leak?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.