2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Beside the bars, do I need new bushings, brackets and bolts too ? or I can re-use some of the existing hardware.

And based on what I've read, the MS3 f/r bars should fit my 2.0l sedan, correct? (except for the rear endlink holes)

And here is the info I've got:

2.0l Sedan:Front bar=21mm
Rear bar=20mm

MS3, both f/r=27mm

Can someone confirm?

Thanks

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My original plan was to get the MS3's rear and front to keep the car in balance as designed but I couldn't find any confirmation that the front one will fit. So I decided to upgrade just the rear with a mild increase instead. I went with Progress 22" adjustable and so far so good. Not a huge change but it works as I had expected. Haven't got the chance to test out the oversteer/understeer yet but I don't drive that aggresively. Fun factor was my goal.

I also felt that the 2.0's 16" wheels/tires were not compatible with the stiff/sporty suspension so I upgraded them too (Velox 17" at 14.5 lbs/Hankook V12). I am very happy with the handling now. what amazed me was, with larger wheels, the ride is still comfortable as before but even quieter (with the Hankook, same 205 width).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts