2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I could really do with some help I?ve been doing a lot of research and still can?t find the right way to do what I want with my wheels. No shops are willing to give me the time to even test out rims without buying. I?ve read the maximum width without fender rolling people have used is 8.5?. But I want to go with the deep dish look (workmeister sp1). Should I fender roll before buying or should I just get fender flares after I buy the rims I want with the max width. What?s the maximum width I can run without rubbing ?? I?m willing to get coil overs and everything but I don?t know which step to do first

·
Registered
234 Posts
Well it depends on many factors, mainly wheel offset and camber angle. On stock suspension camber angle is non-adjustable.

I'm running 8" wheels with +38 offset and 235 wide tires without any issues. That's stock BBS wheels from Evo 9. However if you plan to lower the car on different springs or coilovers probably there will be rubbing issues.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know I?ll need to camber it too. Honestly the deeper the dish the better but I?ll want to remove the gap from the wheel and fender. What kind of offset would I need if I wanted to run 9.5 - 10 in the back and maybe 9 in the front? what do you think I should do first ?

·
Too Many Projects!
368 Posts
Somewhere around the forum either here or another one was a spec list of what the max size you could run including offset, backspacing, blah blah blah.

I can't remember where it's at but if I or another member finds it I'm sure we can get it linked on here for you.

·
Registered
3,164 Posts
I know I?ll need to camber it too. Honestly the deeper the dish the better but I?ll want to remove the gap from the wheel and fender. What kind of offset would I need if I wanted to run 9.5 - 10 in the back and maybe 9 in the front? what do you think I should do first ?
Yatabe Kiyomasa did these way back:
-Balance Auto Original Suspension
-Work Emotion D9R
-19×9.5 +23 with 225/35/19
-19×10.5 +23 with 245/35/19
Exhaust:
-Garage Tomita

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Somewhere around the forum either here or another one was a spec list of what the max size you could run including offset, backspacing, blah blah blah.

I can't remember where it's at but if I or another member finds it I'm sure we can get it linked on here for you.
Thanks for the help bro !

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yatabe Kiyomasa did these way back:
-Balance Auto Original Suspension
-Work Emotion D9R
-19×9.5 +23 with 225/35/19
-19×10.5 +23 with 245/35/19
Exhaust:
-Garage Tomita

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Wow that looks so good ! Exactly the thickness I?m looking for, so pretty much it can be done ! Could I run a 9.5 and 10.5 with 22+ ? It looks like theres not much camber or anything. he doesn?t have to fender roll or do any body work did he ?

·
Registered
3,164 Posts
Wow that looks so good ! Exactly the thickness I?m looking for, so pretty much it can be done ! Could I run a 9.5 and 10.5 with 22+ ? It looks like theres not much camber or anything. he doesn?t have to fender roll or do any body work did he ?
Roll, pull, camber & stretch.:)

·
Registered
234 Posts
Tires are way stretched for that wheel width. Yes it looks cool, but if you keep it in a show room. Driving this every day won't be safe.

·
Super Moderator
6,408 Posts
Good for posing in a parking lot, not much else. If you actually have to drive the car any distance its going to have issues.
Not much camber?? 10° or so in the back, almost that in front. Bad all the way around for a daily driver anyhow.

·
Too Many Projects!
368 Posts
I couldn't sleep easily knowing my exhaust was sitting on top of my lower control arms. You're a braver soul than I.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Roll, pull, camber & stretch.
When I ask people to stretch my fender people keep saying the car is going to get damaged and it?s noticeable, I?m from Australia btw where everyone says you can?t do anything. And I can?t find anyone that ?can do it? without destroying my car lol

·
Registered
3,164 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts