2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking about getting BC coilovers for the 3, but I want to be sure they go low enough for my taste, or if I should get their "extreme low" spring rate. So if anyone has their BCs maxed out (lowest setting) on the regular spring rate I'd love to see some pictures and maybe get a measurement to see how high the car is off the ground.

Also would like to see if anyone has gotten the "extreme low" spring rate so we could discuss how low that really gets you.

Thanks,
Diego

·
Registered
2018 Mazda 3 GT
2,472 Posts
I'm lowered on H&R springs, not BC Coils, but they offer a drop of 30mm in the front (1.18") and 45mm in the rear (1.77") and if I went any lower driving around would be a major PITA.

You sure you want to get that low and deal with all of the added headaches?
CK

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm lowered on H&R springs, not BC Coils, but they offer a drop of 30mm in the front (1.18") and 45mm in the rear (1.77") and if I went any lower driving around would be a major PITA.

You sure you want to get that low and deal with all of the added headaches?
CK
Haha yeah I think I ready to go pretty low, For months I've been taking driveways and speed bumps at angles as if my car was lowered even though I'm at stock height. I really like the look a significantly lowered car.

I looked at some pictures of cars with the H&R springs you have and it looks like they've gotten to a good height, but I do want to be a bit lower than that

·
Super Moderator
6,163 Posts
Get much lower and you'll be banging the front LCAs on a lot of driveways and speed bumps. That and loss of suspension travel and bouncing off the bump stops all the time will make for a miserable ride.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts