2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know how many files the usb input can read?

I have a 16gb thumb drive with 172 folders on it with 2000+ songs. I put it in tonight & it reads every folder & plays every song as well as let me select songs by name or select individual albums AND it even shows album art! This is awesome!

I’m just curious what the maximum number of files it can read for my knowledge & i don’t see that the owners manual says anything either. Thanks for any input.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Well done since it tool me ages to sort out all my MP3 tags. What's your secret? My only remaining problem is that shuffle play doesn't work under all menu options but this seems to be fixed by firmware
update v70.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Not sure of the exact number of files i have on it but i have a 64GB stick that i use for music in the car and, although it takes a little time for it to scan when first inserted, once it has i have no issues playing whatever i want from it.

·
Registered
28 Posts
@zx6rrdan and @shawnmcw What year is your car? What firmware are you using? How long does it take to start playing songs from the time you start up the car? I have only ~200 songs and mine is very slow. I make about 200+ meters,maybe more, before it resumes the song. FW 59.00.532A

·
Registered
382 Posts
@zx6rrdan and @shawnmcw What year is your car? What firmware are you using? How long does it take to start playing songs from the time you start up the car? I have only ~200 songs and mine is very slow. I make about 200+ meters,maybe more, before it resumes the song. FW 59.00.532A
I've used this with both my 2014 and my 2018... 14 was 55.00.760 18 is 59.00.441
the 18 is faster to resume play after starting... both had a delay though

1 - 6 of 6 Posts