Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 107 Posts

·
zoom~
848 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Anyone knows?

On hard acceleration I see 18.1lb/min peak (136.8 grams/sec) no CEL, gonna alter it abit more when I have time.

just wondering if the engine can take more.

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
As mentioned in my awesome other thread, what are you actually trying or plan to accomplish by looking at MAF readings on a stock car? Do you plan to magically induce more air in there some how? No matter what you do or try it has already been done, and if you have never heard tell of it before......well that is because it was a failure.

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
My maf sensor location is changed, not the same distance to the throttle body as stock.

Best way to slam me is with your peak maf reading on 2nd gear.

Its very simple, a person with your e peen size can do it.
So your R&D was to move the MAF? That is some impressive work son, just don't forget to get that patented.

·
zoom~
848 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
As I said before, low end torque. Stock car is gutless.

To zero, you google the wrong thing, p0rn isn't car tuning related.

·
Use the Search Button!
746 Posts
But you're asking for MAF readings off of one of ours cars, even though most have an intake of some type, or exhaust, or in some cases a header, and I believe you 'made your own' intake among other mods?
So wouldn't that be a major variable in your 'r&d' that would leave a lot of room for inaccurate 'testing'?
You're asking for base readings of.....what? Stock car? Slightly modified? Heavily modified? Daily driven? Tracked?
Or do these types of things not play a part in your 'research'?

·
cro-magnon man
510 Posts
But you're asking for MAF readings off of one of ours cars, even though most have an intake of some type, or exhaust, or in some cases a header, and I believe you 'made your own' intake among other mods?
So wouldn't that be a major variable in your 'r&d' that would leave a lot of room for inaccurate 'testing'?
You're asking for base readings of.....what? Stock car? Slightly modified? Heavily modified? Daily driven? Tracked?
Or do these types of things not play a part in your 'research'?
+10

·
Registered
641 Posts
To me, this almost seems as pointless as moving a resonator. Were you hoping for something to happen by moving the MAF sensor? the only thing i can see changing is maybe the air flow would be straighter further down the pipe compared to right behind the filter. Kinda like when two rivers come together. Its rough water where they meet, but further down stream its nice and calm.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Anyone knows?

On hard acceleration I see 18.1lb/min peak (136.8 grams/sec) no CEL, gonna alter it abit more when I have time.

just wondering if the engine can take more.
Most factory ECU's are tuned to be able to deal with a very small amount of positive pressure at the intake, ie 1-2 lbs of boost, and the resultant air flow. Given the mods you've listed, I highly doubt you're getting anywhere near that.

Have you been able to substantially effect the reading by moving the MAF sensor? I really don't see the air flow characteristics changing much from one end of the pipe to the other given how short it is, but if you have the means, it's worth trying. If you can trick the computer into seeing more air flow then what's actually there, or more then what it was expecting to see for a given amount of actual air flow, you may be able to trick the ECU into leaning out the mixture just a little bit. I'd be interested in hearing your results.

BTW, I don't see making your own intake as a bad thing, ingenuity and resourcefulness are worth alot more than being willing to part with your money.

·
Registered
352 Posts

·
Use the Search Button!
746 Posts
Most factory ECU's are tuned to be able to deal with a very small amount of positive pressure at the intake, ie 1-2 lbs of boost, and the resultant air flow. Given the mods you've listed, I highly doubt you're getting anywhere near that.

Have you been able to substantially effect the reading by moving the MAF sensor? I really don't see the air flow characteristics changing much from one end of the pipe to the other given how short it is, but if you have the means, it's worth trying. If you can trick the computer into seeing more air flow then what's actually there, or more then what it was expecting to see for a given amount of actual air flow, you may be able to trick the ECU into leaning out the mixture just a little bit. I'd be interested in hearing your results.

BTW, I don't see making your own intake as a bad thing, ingenuity and resourcefulness are worth alot more than being willing to part with your money.
Normally this would be true. But go look at his intake thread. The worth/cost was equivalent to that of a true intake, and the homemade has yet to show any type of benefit whatsoever.

·
College Zoom-Zoom
3,248 Posts
I looked into this further with respect to what you said earlier about VW, Subaru, etc. people doing this. Their reasoning was applicable because they run a turbo. It allowed them to do some things regarding a BOV and no CEL's, etc. Didn't read much into it but I moved on to the next link once I read the word turbo and/or TIP.

·
College Zoom-Zoom
3,248 Posts
1 - 20 of 107 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.