2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im considering plastidipping my 2011 mazda 3 sedan matte white except for the roof which I'm going to leave black. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
345 Posts
Do it! Then finish it with the pearlizer!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just bought it! Hopefully 18 cans will be enough for my black mazda. Should I hit it with the pearlizer after or leave it matte?

·
The New CWP 3
496 Posts
Just bought it! Hopefully 18 cans will be enough for my black mazda. Should I hit it with the pearlizer after or leave it matte?

Please don't do it with cans unless you have lots of experience with spray cans... I had my roof trunk and hood done with black and it just showed up all strippy... Maybe the white won't show it as much but I definitely wouldn't recommend it to you or anyone else, either use a spray gun or get vinyl/professional installer... That's my two cents I hope I haven't given you paranoia! Definitely get a trigger for it if you do it! Your hand will get tired and you don't won't the plasti dip spluttering and making a mess on a piece like you hood! Just throwing that out there!

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Definitely would have assumed you'd be using a real gun and gallon jugs of dip to do a whole car, but if you are limited to using a can, at least get a spray trigger attachment. It will help reduce fatigue and help with keeping your distance constant and the spray perpendicular to the surface...more so than using your finger. Good luck!

·
Registered
345 Posts
Either cancel your order or return those cans. You'll drive yourself nuts doing that.

https://www.dipyourcar.com/Pro-Car-Kits-cat/

This will be what you want if you want it looking nice. For the white, I'd definitely recommend the pearlizer clear coat. Gives it incredible depth

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Okay everybody I cancelled the order for the cans and plan on getting 1 gallon of gunmetal grey and 3 gallons of the white. Luckily i found someone in my area with experience willing to help me out for free. Do you think I should finish it off with some pearlizer or leave it matte white?

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Okay everybody I cancelled the order for the cans and plan on getting 1 gallon of gunmetal grey and 3 gallons of the white. Luckily i found someone in my area with experience willing to help me out for free. Do you think I should finish it off with some pearlizer or leave it matte white?
I think you were smart to rethink the application process. I also think YOU should decide whether to go pearlizer or not. Some say for sure do it so I would definitely consider it and try some on a test piece of some sort. Then you should make the call since it is a big decision on how your car will end up looking after all the money and effort. My 2 cents. Good luck, anxious to see the result.

·
The New CWP 3
496 Posts
Do matte white for a while and if it's not what you're looking for order some pearlizer! You can't go wrong with pearlizer!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah I was thinking matte too and maybe trying pearlizer later. Ill post pics when I do it in 2 or 3 weeks

·
Registered
345 Posts

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
I have to agree, I like the pearlizer on the white too..but it's wise to try the matte first then you can always add the pearlizer later.

Can't wait to see when it's done.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts