2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

Registered
2012 Mazda 3 GX MT5 non sky
Joking apart I tried turning up the music volume on the M5 Motorway, both together gave me a headache, might try earplugs next! 馃ぃ
Joking apart I tried turning up the music volume on the M5 Motorway, both together gave me a headache, might try earplugs next! 馃ぃ
[/QUOTE]

Im on Hankook RS4 and i would not say they are quiet ...kinda in the better category for road noise.
I opt for safer than quiet ... and my exhaust note is my symphony

Registered
I'd expand your search to include 225/45R18 too...that's what I put on my 2017 3 and it looks perfect. You can't even tell there's extra sidewall, but there is a tiny smidge more, which helps with bumps a little.

Registered
Discussion Starter #23
I'd expand your search to include 225/45R18 too...that's what I put on my 2017 3 and it looks perfect. You can't even tell there's extra sidewall, but there is a tiny smidge more, which helps with bumps a little.
So that size tyre, in the Pirelli P7's, and you think I'll be sorted with the ride and reduce my cabin noise a little?

I must say when you increase it from 225 from 215 you dont half get a lot more choice of tyre!!

Registered
So that size tyre, in the Pirelli P7's, and you think I'll be sorted with the ride and reduce my cabin noise a little?

I must say when you increase it from 225 from 215 you dont half get a lot more choice of tyre!!
Hi,
I've looked at the discussion so far. My humble opinion is that you still have an option if you love so much those 18" rims.
(Yes, they look nice on my 3s hatchback. IMO).
You can buy next set from the next category: 55 profile ratio. It will alleviate some of that noise and you will not get at the interference level inside the wheel well so, no expensive adjustments needed.
Also as a tire suggestion that will meet all the qualities expected from an ALL SEASONS, try Vredestein Quatrac.
All the best.
PA.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts