2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
Mazda3 04/2017 BN 120 HP Sports-Line
170 Posts
Hi,

the MZD-Connect 1 Navigation-Software is still availible for updates. But it is not for free, after your car (VIN) is older then 3-years. The 3-year-for-free-update starts with the first use of the car. Your Nav-Card ist connected to your car by the VIN-Number. Your Card will not work in an other Mazda-MZD, because of different VIN-Number.

You can update your nav-card via Mazda-Toolbox-software, but you have to pay for a) only for 1 update or b) for 3-years-updates (twice a year). The Toolbox will show you and you have to order first before the update-process starts.

Or you buy a non-OEM-Mazda-Nav-Card here. Then there is no update later possible, because this cards will not work with the toolbox! Just use it in the car, do not use it in the toolbox! If you need an update, buy a new card!

Europe 2022 Mazda Connect BJM766EZ1U

Bye
Gruni

· Registered
170 Posts
Hi,

i think mikele means the ("not public") possibility to modify your Nav-Card for another 3-years-all-free-update-modus, then, of course, only with the newest nav-card availible in the toolbox. I dont think you can choose between older versions. The Toolbox only offers the newest version.

I think to modify your Nav-Card, mikele takes some money "for his service".

Bye
Gruni

· Registered
170 Posts
Hi @elinx,

you dont get the old maps f. e. from 2019 for free, because your car is from 2017, so 2019 was in the 3-years-for-free ... that will not work ..

bye
Gruni

1 - 3 of 3 Posts