2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
We own both,same year and yet the two engines act different. The manual sounds and feels aggressive and solid. The auto sounds tamed and less throaty. The auto also sounds rattly on engine warm up.

Timing differences? I wondered if they have different programs. It almost sounds like the timing is adjusted differently between the two. The other suspect was a leaky manifold or such but there are no cels.

Anyone else experience this diffrence?

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I see. I might go the route of SRI and electrical muffler bypass. Not a fan of the SRI for filtration and would build a box for it. I hear changing the oil more often compensates for dirty air. Piston rings seeps that much?

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
I see. I might go the route of SRI and electrical muffler bypass. Not a fan of the SRI for filtration and would build a box for it. I hear changing the oil more often compensates for dirty air. Piston rings seeps that much?
changing the oil isn't gonna save your valves and valve seats from dirt lol

·
zoom~
848 Posts
There are blowbys.

That's why you have a Recirculation valve and tube going back to the intake.

Change the intake filter and additional screens on the inlet compensate for dirty air. Change the oil often depends on the owner.

I do it once between dealer interval if its sunny.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
There are blowbys.

That's why you have a Recirculation valve and tube going back to the intake.

Change the intake filter and additional screens on the inlet compensate for dirty air. Change the oil often depends on the owner.

I do it once between dealer interval if its sunny.
That's right. I forgot about those government controlled mandatory devices on our engines. Oily intakes and dirt is a bad combo.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've been following an interesting topic on another site that they claim makes the car more responsive and more throaty. Removing the intake resonator, blocking the entry and replacing the intake assembly with smooth pvc pipes.

Intake Resonator replaced (pics inside)

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Might as well make the most out of your trip to home depot while youre there buying your front lip LOL

Ridiculous

1 - 10 of 10 Posts