2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 2012 Mazda 3 Skyactiv MANUAL 6 speed a few months ago with 127,000 miles on it.....
I am not sure if the manual transmission fluid has ever been flushed...
How often should you flush the transmission fluid?

·
Registered
14 Posts
FYI, the dealership claims it should only be replaced if you're having issues or it's leaking. I call BS on this and I'm about to do my own car which is identical to yours only a 2013. You don't "flush" per say but just drain 2 quarts or so and then add until it spills over the fill bolt. They are both 23mm bolts I believe. I have yet to find a youtube video on our particular model yet, maybe the transmission is the same on the 2.5L MZR engines, I have no idea.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
FYI, the dealership claims it should only be replaced if you're having issues or it's leaking. I call BS on this and I'm about to do my own car which is identical to yours only a 2013. You don't "flush" per say but just drain 2 quarts or so and then add until it spills over the fill bolt. They are both 23mm bolts I believe. I have yet to find a youtube video on our particular model yet, maybe the transmission is the same on the 2.5L MZR engines, I have no idea.
Thanks for your reply..

·
Registered
2012 Mazda 3 GX MT5
154 Posts
I got the same from the dealership ... unless you are experiencing something that is not in the normal operation it supposed to last at least the life of the warranty ... I upgraded mine to redline

1 - 4 of 4 Posts