2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, I'm in the process of helping my girlfriend save some $$$ by not going to the dealer for service on her 2015 3 2.0L M/T. I've done the transmission fluid flush once before (Redline MTL 75w80), but am ready to do it again since she's still complaining about shift quality after the dealer filled her M/T with ATF. This time, I'd really like to replace the gaskets on the drain and fill plugs, but for the life of me I can't find the part numbers specific to the M/T models.

I've been perusing onlinemazdaparts.com and it seems to suggest that the engine oil pan drain plug gasket, A/T drain plug gasket, and M/T drain plug gasket are all the same part number. If that's the case, great, because I have a small pile of them now since I've been doing the engine oil changes for her. If anyone can confirm that, it'd be much appreciated.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
I'll try and remember to pull out my bills when I get home from work in the morning, I just did this job not long ago. They are different size than the at.

I'd go nuts if they put atf in my manual. Exactly why I like doing my own work. I can trust my own hands.

I did use redline and running very well.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'll try and remember to pull out my bills when I get home from work in the morning, I just did this job not long ago. They are different size than the at.

I'd go nuts if they put atf in my manual. Exactly why I like doing my own work. I can trust my own hands.

I did use redline and running very well.
Whenever you can share that info would be much appreciated!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Found the part number. Swallowed my pride and went back to the stealership. After some coaxing that the M/T does use a different gasket than the A/T models, they finally found the gaskets.

I never realized that parts for a Mazda 3 M/T would be so hard to find!

In text form, the part number for a 2015 Mazda 3 manual transmission drain and fill plug gasket is 9956-41-800. You'll need two of them, despite what the stealership parts guy might say. Also, 1.8 qts of GL-4 manual transmission fluid. Lastly, torque specs for both the drain and fill plugs are listed as between 29-40 lb-ft, so I did 35.

I used pretty much all of the 2qts of Redline MTL on this last one and it was overflowing a bit, but my girlfriend is quite happy with the shift feel now. Looks like the 3rd time was the charm to get the last of the stealership's courtesy ATF fill (at my girlfriend's expense of course, $200+ !).

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
I think I owe you an apology. I did look for the invoice for mine, but there never was one. My stealership didn't have it in stock and it took them a while so they ended up giving me the part for free.

And then of course I promptly forgot as I usually do.

Either way, glad you found it and now you have a part number.

·
Super Moderator
6,557 Posts
Hmmmm.........that seems to be a standard aluminum crush washer, available at any parts store. I hope you didn't pay more than a couple bucks for the part at the stealership.:shocked:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
They were cheap, fortunately. Next time I'll pull the existing washers off and go to the hardware store and try to find a replacement.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Found the part number. Swallowed my pride and went back to the stealership. After some coaxing that the M/T does use a different gasket than the A/T models, they finally found the gaskets.

I never realized that parts for a Mazda 3 M/T would be so hard to find!

In text form, the part number for a 2015 Mazda 3 manual transmission drain and fill plug gasket is 9956-41-800. You'll need two of them, despite what the stealership parts guy might say. Also, 1.8 qts of GL-4 manual transmission fluid. Lastly, torque specs for both the drain and fill plugs are listed as between 29-40 lb-ft, so I did 35.

I used pretty much all of the 2qts of Redline MTL on this last one and it was overflowing a bit, but my girlfriend is quite happy with the shift feel now. Looks like the 3rd time was the charm to get the last of the stealership's courtesy ATF fill (at my girlfriend's expense of course, $200+ !).

Could you tell me if these would be the same part number for a 2004 mazdaspeed 3 manual transmission. I want to do a transmission fluid change on my sons car but the previous owner tore the crap out of the bolt that goes where you fill the transmission fluid. Also, could you tell me if the drain bolt and refill bolt are the same? I'm not having any luck finding this info online.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts