2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a 2016 mazda 3 sport hatch manual .

I have had no problems shifting into and out of any gears until randomly trying to leave the bank today.

The problem: I reversed out of a parking spot and when I tried to disengage reverse into neutral and back into first to leave. I couldn't move the stick out of reverse. I wiggled and pulled hard until it finally let go.

Every gear works to get into and out of gear.
Reverse works fine getting into it but really hard getting it out .

I have installed the jbr short shifter plate on 40% and have loved it since installment ( no problems) I assume it might be this but open to other ideas.

Interestingly pushing down on the shifter and trying to pull it into neutral has more resistance then just pulling out of reverse by pushing shifter into neutral .

Any ideas?

Thanks .

...............…….............................................

SOLVED!!!!!

It was the JBR short shifter plate .
Plastic connecting cables to plate ( not sure what it's called) went up a bit . The metal clip prevented it from coming completely off.

Although that bolt that I had to loosen up is in the way of shifting . As if it's to long.

Pics are of shifter plate in reverse and then after I pushed it back down .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
5,556 Posts
That spring clip is bent. It should be much further into the slot in the pin. In the picture it is barely engaged. Left as is it will come loose again.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That spring clip is bent. It should be much further into the slot in the pin. In the picture it is barely engaged. Left as is it will come loose again.

I haven’t had any issues since then. But will make your suggested fix. I didn’t know it was not In all the way.
Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts