2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
1,236 Posts
See, what they SHOULD have done with those cars was test the door impact to see how much improved, if at all, the doors are from withstanding blunt force in order to break the lock mechanism. Canadian 3 drivers are practically begging for it.

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
now that woulda been smart. but as i took it, those cars were headed for the US where the unlocking problem doesnt seem to be such an issue... maybe im wrong.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Watching that video was so sad, :'(.

The ship wasn't even fully submerged in the water, so there had to be a decent amount of cars on the side of the ship that was facing upward that I'm sure were fine. But I guess like they said they couldn't run the risk. Also the article did say that they don't know what might have happened to cars that sit at that angle for 3 weeks and where the fluids inside might have flowed.

Sucks to hear about this happening! I do agree with what the guy from Mazda said in the end of the video about how Mazda could not risk the reputation they have built thus far by any of these cars getting out into the retail market and jeopardizing their image over something like this.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts