2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
i read somewhere that the power source in the center console is on a 30 minute timer, meaning it powers off after 30 minutes.
That's not true. I leave my led's plugged into it and they stay on all night. Never had it turn off

·
Registered
437 Posts
ok so i somehow blew the 15A fuses for the Cig power and the Aux power :sad 1: Is it covered under warranty? haha if not where can I find the fuses? I checked Radioshack and they didn't have the one that looked like the one thats installed.

the ones I found look like this:

oem ones look like this:

Oh and I think the oem fuse is just built differently so you can't use fuse taps. It seals up te socket. Regular mini fuses will work though to my knowledge

·
Registered
2015 Mazda3 S Grand Touring, 6spd Manual, Soul Red
56 Posts
That's not true. I leave my led's plugged into it and they stay on all night. Never had it turn off
+1 for this. I actually find it convenient that this plug is always hot. I leave my dashcam on all night, sometimes for a few days at a time with no issues. If I think my car may sit for three days or more I will unplug it. Otherwise it seems to be a non-issue.

·
Registered
102 Posts
+1 for this. I actually find it convenient that this plug is always hot. I leave my dashcam on all night, sometimes for a few days at a time with no issues. If I think my car may sit for three days or more I will unplug it. Otherwise it seems to be a non-issue.
This thread is 9 years old! The 3rd gen Mazda 3's weren't even out yet.

The Gen 3 has a hot socket and an ignition socket in the center console. You get both options.

·
Registered
56 Posts
This thread is 9 years old! The 3rd gen Mazda 3's weren't even out yet.

The Gen 3 has a hot socket and an ignition socket in the center console. You get both options.
I have had more than one person tell me this, but I would like someone to physically show me where this second socket is in my car. I only have the one hot one, so it’s irrelevant that the thread is old considering the variables are the same. I didn’t notice how old the thread is anyway, so muhbad for contributing nothing to no one.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Left socket is ignition, the one on the right with the battery symbol on it is always live, the socket on the left with no symbol on it is ignition-switched. If you only have one in your car then maybe there's differences in the trim models.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Left socket is ignition, the one on the right with the battery symbol on it is always live, the socket on the left with no symbol on it is ignition-switched. If you only have one in your car then maybe there's differences in the trim models.
This is mine. Just one in the console armrest. I’m assuming the other is normally where my cd player is. I don’t even use cds but it’s nice to have the option, I guess.

Attachments

·
Registered
102 Posts
Aah, I see now. You have the infotainment package, I don't. My center armrest cubby has 3 ports: Ign 12v, Aux/USB, and Hot 12v.

Now I know!

21 - 29 of 29 Posts