2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
If no one responds i should be able to try this out on my friends 18 tomorrow night. I won't be taking the wheels off but i can try the sequence and see if i hear the motor and light turn on. Will report back.
Thankyou, you could be chartering new ground! I've seen mention of it working on the CX5 as well as the 6 but nothing for the 3 yet. Hopefully Mazda have seen sense to make the software work in the same way.

·
Registered
10 Posts
While looking at how to change rear pads on my 2017 M3. I came across a Ford cheat that didn't involve the dealership hooking a computer to retract the EPB, further delving led me to a Mazda site that elaborated the procedure on a 2016/2017 CX-5

Does this procedure work on our Mazda 3 with EPB???

https://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?123861563-Maintenance-Mode-for-2016-2017-CX-5-electronic-brakes

I tried the method from the mazda247 forum link you gave, on my 17’. Worked perfect. Thanks for the tip! I’m at 20k so I don’t need it just yet. Peace of mind knowing I can do it myself now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
312 Posts
I tried the method from the mazda247 forum link you gave, on my 17’. Worked perfect. Thanks for the tip! I’m at 20k so I don’t need it just yet. Peace of mind knowing I can do it myself now.

Hmm..interesting, I assume you meant your 17 Maz 3. I was looking at changing the rear brake pads for a 16 Maz 6 and also saw the maint mode procedure for the cx5. But further looking, it turned out the 6 didn’t need the procedure (haven’t actually done the work yet, just based on reading). The epb just needs to be unmounted and turned to retract. Does this mean the 3 and the cx5 have the same epb set up and are different than the 6? I think the 3 and the cx5 do share the same platform.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hmm..interesting, I assume you meant your 17 Maz 3. I was looking at changing the rear brake pads for a 16 Maz 6 and also saw the maint mode procedure for the cx5. But further looking, it turned out the 6 didn’t need the procedure (haven’t actually done the work yet, just based on reading). The epb just needs to be unmounted and turned to retract. Does this mean the 3 and the cx5 have the same epb set up and are different than the 6? I think the 3 and the cx5 do share the same platform.
Please let me know how the M6 goes - I have a '16 M6T and planning to do this in about a month or so and will be changing pads and rotors. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
312 Posts
Please let me know how the M6 goes - I have a '16 M6T and planning to do this in about a month or so and will be changing pads and rotors. Thanks in advance!
I won’t be doing that soon since my wife doesn’t drive much but you can view the YouTube below. I also read a post from Mazda 6 forum where the guy did the same without putting the car in maint mode. Actually, it seems there isn’t one.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Correct, 2017 mazda 3. I wouldn’t know about the 6, but, I assume it is likely the same. Did you try the sequence mentioned with any success?

·
Registered
312 Posts
Correct, 2017 mazda 3. I wouldn’t know about the 6, but, I assume it is likely the same. Did you try the sequence mentioned with any success?

No, I thought I needed to change the pads due to the noise at 30k but from my search, many 6s make this noise. I don’t hear it anymore and I still have more than 50% on all pads.

·
Registered
283 Posts
I put new brakes on my 3 and the electric brake service mode is awesome. Pushing the piston straight back is really easy in service mode... while I miss by ebrake turns :( I didn't miss push twisting back the rear brake calipers to put new pads :)

21 - 29 of 29 Posts