2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
*The Electrician*
846 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
So last week I went for an oil change, maintenance light(orange wrench) was reset and then I adjusted the distance on it as I prefer to have my oil changed earlier than recommended. Everything was cool until today, it came back on and its stuck on. I checked and reset, turned off, changed intervals, battery reset, nothing seems to be making this stupid orange wrench go away. Anyone else had this issue yet?

·
Super Moderator
4,431 Posts
Are all the reminders shut off? I have 3 different service reminders in mine - Service interval, tire rotation interval and oil change interval. Don't know what else it could be, maybe the dealer did (or didn't) do something ?:dunno:

·
*The Electrician*
846 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have all 3 turned off, stupid wrench won't go away lol. Dealer did what they always do, reset to 8000KM, then I adjust that down to 5000KM and I go in around 6000KM. That gives me time to book an appointment 3 weeks in advance for a Saturday.

·
*The Electrician*
846 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Called the dealer, there is a magic procedure to fix this tehehehehe.

1) Car off, press start button once
2) Press and hold start button and trip meter(without starting the car) for several seconds, an orange triangle will start flashing, when triangle stops flashing let go
3) Orange wrench is now gone 😁

@arathol wanna sticky this one?

·
Registered
538 Posts
That is good to know if that happens. Seems to be a very similar procedure in several cars...I've done the same in my previous Acura and my company car Toyota.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Called the dealer, there is a magic procedure to fix this tehehehehe.

1) Car off, press start button once
2) Press and hold start button and trip meter(without starting the car) for several seconds, an orange triangle will start flashing, when triangle stops flashing let go
3) Orange wrench is now gone 😁

@arathol wanna sticky this one?

Isnt this in the manual? I think i read and tried it to turn off the maint light but it didnt work. It turned out i had to use the other procedure, through the infotainment (also in the manual) to turn it off for my GT.

·
*The Electrician*
846 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sometimes its easier to ask someone who knows than waste time trying to find it in the manual.

·
*The Electrician*
846 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The automatic is a different procedure, but the stick is as I posted.

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
My maintenance reminder settings are locked on my 2018. Can't turn off, change or reset them. Thanks for posting this.
CK

·
Registered
107 Posts
There are two maintenance reminder systems. One that is adjustable thru the Infotainment system, but also one, that in the 2018, is set by dealer and can't be turned off. AFAIK

1 - 17 of 17 Posts