1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Mazda Noob
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
154 Posts
You could probably find a powerful magnet about that size and either wrap it with something to keep your phone from getting scratched or put a piece of metal in your case if you have one. Can't imagine it costing more than $10-15. There also have been people who have mounted magnets and wireless chargers in the dash so it looks completely stock without the phone there.

·
Mazda Noob
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You could probably find a powerful magnet about that size and either wrap it with something to keep your phone from getting scratched or put a piece of metal in your case if you have one. Can't imagine it costing more than $10-15. There also have been people who have mounted magnets and wireless chargers in the dash so it looks completely stock without the phone there.
Any link for the magnet/wireless chargers in dash? That idea crossed my mind...that would be pretty freakin baller!

·
Registered
154 Posts
Any link for the magnet/wireless chargers in dash? That idea crossed my mind...that would be pretty freakin baller!
Here's one of the ones I've seen.

Free (or very cheap) DIY, completely invisible phone vehicle mount - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com

I don't remember where I've seen the Qi charger within it too, but it shouldn't be difficult - the new Qi standard works through somewhere around 1.5" of distance. Not sure if you can easily make an iphone 6 have wireless charging though. I have seen some case adapters for phones that work but then you wouldn't have the usb port which might be annoying to you.

·
Mazda Noob
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Mazda Noob
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here's one of the ones I've seen.

Free (or very cheap) DIY, completely invisible phone vehicle mount - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com

I don't remember where I've seen the Qi charger within it too, but it shouldn't be difficult - the new Qi standard works through somewhere around 1.5" of distance. Not sure if you can easily make an iphone 6 have wireless charging though. I have seen some case adapters for phones that work but then you wouldn't have the usb port which might be annoying to you.
Yeah...that's the only shitty part....I usually only run my music through USB to avoid crap Bluetooth quality. Might give that up though to have something like this.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Yeah...that's the only shitty part....I usually only run my music through USB to avoid crap Bluetooth quality. Might give that up though to have something like this.
I have an aptx adapter and if the iPhone has aptx, it's much better streaming than basic Bluetooth tends to be. Oddly enough, while Bluetooth now supports streaming mp3s, and I believe m4as, without any conversion, no receivers seem to support this feature. But if they did, there'd be no quality difference at all.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts