2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've finally finished the smaller, cheaper upgrades to my 2014 M3 Sedan and I'm moving on to the exhaust. I like the sound that the Magnaflow #15294 provides and I would go ahead and purchase it but my only concern is if it'll fit under my Sedan. I know it says it's made for the Sedan, but the part has showing tips and I'm uncertain if they were made to bend down and under or if they just stick straight out(thus requiring some cutting or a diffuser). As for the Racing Beat axleback, I was concerned with the noise being too quiet. I have the K&N SRI so I figured combined with the RB exhaust, it should be loud enough to remind people that I'm cruising next to them.

Anyone care to shed some light on either of my issues? Thanks in advance. :grin2:

·
Registered
3,021 Posts
I've finally finished the smaller, cheaper upgrades to my 2014 M3 Sedan and I'm moving on to the exhaust. I like the sound that the Magnaflow #15294 provides and I would go ahead and purchase it but my only concern is if it'll fit under my Sedan. I know it says it's made for the Sedan, but the part has showing tips and I'm uncertain if they were made to bend down and under or if they just stick straight out(thus requiring some cutting or a diffuser). As for the Racing Beat axleback, I was concerned with the noise being too quiet. I have the K&N SRI so I figured combined with the RB exhaust, it should be loud enough to remind people that I'm cruising next to them.

Anyone care to shed some light on either of my issues? Thanks in advance. :grin2:
It's really a matter of preference. I've tried RB & the much louder HKS on mine. I prefer the former. Tone is deeper than stock, tame on lows, roars on the higher range & doesn't drone. It's superbly built, too.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
132 Posts
I like the sound that the Magnaflow #15294 provides and I would go ahead and purchase it but my only concern is if it'll fit under my Sedan. I know it says it's made for the Sedan, but the part has showing tips and I'm uncertain if they were made to bend down and under or if they just stick straight out(thus requiring some cutting or a diffuser).
Here is the install manual for the Magnaflow.
https://www.magnaflow.com/installsheets/15294.pdf
Looks like the tips bends down slightly to clear the bumper.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's really a matter of preference. I've tried RB & the much louder HKS on mine. I prefer the former. Tone is deeper than stock, tame on lows, roars on the higher range & doesn't drone. It's superbly built, too.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Awesome, I appreciate the input! :)

Here is the install manual for the Magnaflow.
https://www.magnaflow.com/installsheets/15294.pdf
Looks like the tips bends down slightly to clear the bumper.
Yeah, I actually found it just today, thanks for linking it and helping out. :grin2:

·
Miami Vice Swagger
59 Posts
Thanks for starting this thread @icookstarwarsfood I was actually considering both as well, but now definitely leaning towards the RB for it's "tame" exhaust note.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts