2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, new to the forum and haven't figured out how to search it yet. Can anyone confirm if the Magnaflow Cat back exhaust part#15127 will fit the 2013 2.0l with skyactiv engine in hatchback form. I get conflicting answers when contacting Magnaflow customer support. I'm in Canada and our models are labelled differently, but I managed to figure out mine is the same as your "i" touring trim(here it's called GS sport).

I hope someone has one of these installed and can tell me if any mods were required to make it fit(other than cutting the cat as in the directions). Also it seems the tail pipe should be two different lengths for the sedan and hatch, but Magnaflow only lists one part number for both? Any help would be much appreciated.

cheers

·
Registered
14 Posts
Any reason why you want Magnaflow? Racing Beat and Corksport make great exhausts that fit perfectly for our 2012-2013 Skyactiv hatchbacks.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
While I like both of the companies you mentioned, the CS is perhaps a bit loud for my needs, and the RB is axle back only. My mid pipe is rusted out and leaking(welcome to Canada). By the time I get the RB and a factory mid pipe it will be almost twice the price of the Magnaflow.

My hope is that someone can give me with the good news that the MF fits with little/no further issues other than cutting the stock cat.

I'm not sure, are you saying that the Magnaflow doesn't fit the hatchback?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
MrBen has hit it right on the head. Add to that a factory mid pipe and you are about twice what I can get a Magnaflow cat back here. I had a Racing Beat on my old Protege5 and loved it but the price spread is just too much. My original question remains, anyone know of someone who has installed a Magnaflow on the hatch?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It leads me to a post about a Magnaflow install on a 2014 Sedan? We were talking about the 2013 Hatchback system, not at all the same. I assumed you linked the wrong post? Nice looking system though, you are right.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I know I'm late to respond, but I have a MF CBE on my 12 Sky Sedan. It's a perfect fit.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts