2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2012 Mazda 3i Touring. I purchased it used about 6 weeks ago (just under 50k miles). I have a long commute, over 100 miles a day, so I wanted something reliable with great gas mileage. This car has been running like a champ... until Tuesday...
I was sitting at a red light toward the end of my evening commute (had been driving over an hour, just over 50 miles) and the check engine light, batter light and power steering light all came on at the same time. I tried to pull over to see what the issue was, and although the engine was still running, the car wouldn't move. I tried turning the car on and off, and it turned back on with the same indicator lights, but again wouldn't move. I left the car off for about 20 minutes while I called a tow truck, then tried turning it on again. This time the car turned on, would accelerate and the indicator lights were no longer on. I let the car idle (idled fine) for a few minutes while I debated trying to drive it home. No less than 5 minutes later, the lights came back on and the car died again. This time completely.
The issues sound similar to what other people have experienced with a wet MAF sensor. I got a car wash 3 days before this happened, but I feel if that were the cause, the car would have died immediately.
It's been sitting at the body shop at the dealer I purchased the car from for the last two days (they haven't had a chance to look at it). Does anyone have any suggestions as to what the problem might be? I still have the 60k mile limited powertrain warranty.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts