2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

21 - 40 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
PM'd, sir. Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk
Just curious as to why is your plate relocation kit is so expensive? It's 120USD before shipping fees... And if you have an NA plate, I would need to buy an NA Plate Mounting kit for it.

So realistically, I'm paying almost 180USD+. That's crazy.

·
Registered
2,701 Posts
Just curious as to why is your plate relocation kit is so expensive? It's 120USD before shipping fees... And if you have an NA plate, I would need to buy an NA Plate Mounting kit for it.

So realistically, I'm paying almost 180USD+. That's crazy.
The model-specific No-Drill Relocators have never been mass produced. No volume to justify such. Molds are costly. Shipping definitely doesn't help, plus, the BP has 3 distinct kits of different shapes & sizes. These are more endeavors of passion, shared 1st here in M3R to provide a non-invasive, non-damaging, reversible plate relocation option. It all started as a mod for personal consumption, nothing more. That said, interest & support for this humble mod are genuinely appreciated, sir.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
If anyone has ordered and is willing to post pics, that would be much appreciated! Having a hard time visualizing how this would work and what it would look like.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Someone should come wtih precise dimension for everyone to 3D print this thing.
Even a block of hard foam can do, cut to proper dimensions.
No shipping, and way less expensive.
I plan on doing just that. hard foam that I may spray with black flex-seal rubber sealent, toggle bolts and adapting factory front plate holder

·
Registered
64 Posts
If anyone has ordered and is willing to post pics, that would be much appreciated! Having a hard time visualizing how this would work and what it would look like.
I used 3 14" black cable ties. Remove the factory front license plate frame, invert it, and drill 6 holes in the three frame recesses (2 per cable tie, one hole large enough to pass through the cable tie head). Put some black eletrical tape along the edge of the hard plastic frame where it touches your paint finish as an extra precaution. starting with the center, tighten the cable ties around the three air dam pillars - you will find them. Total cost...less than 5 bucks and 20 minutes of work. See attached photo
. Total

21 - 40 of 73 Posts