2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 107 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
That's so low. I'm already scraping with the lowest areas of the bumper because of potholes and etc. No way my license plate will last with this.

·
Registered
90 Posts
That doesn't look like an "official part" to me. How do you know it's not just a showroom thingy the dealers get to display the cars?

Also, I would imagine "front plate" states probably have wording about how low the plate can be and that is probably too low.

·
Registered
6 Posts
That doesn't look like an "official part" to me. How do you know it's not just a showroom thingy the dealers get to display the cars?

Also, I would imagine "front plate" states probably have wording about how low the plate can be and that is probably too low.
Indeed, New Jersey law specifies between 1 and 4 feet in height.

Years ago I drove a Focus purchased in a non-front plate state. When I moved to Jersey I displayed the front plate in my windshield and was warned by a security guard that I was in violation. I looked it up. My actual location was a hair under 4 feet, but there could be question as to how vertical it was, another requirement.

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
Not unlike the BM & BN kits, the coming BP no-drill plate relocators will allow some height adjustability when paired a frame similar to the one shown from Amazon. Ideally, the plate must sit no lower than the bumper lip edge.

The BN:

@Chazzy J's pretty ex, a BM:

·
Registered
6 Posts
How does one mount like this now? I can't find a mount online, looking to buy something to replace the ugly grill mount.

·
Registered
5 Posts
interested in this for my new 3 hatchback, but I live in USA and the license plate is taller... would your solution still work? Thanks!

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
interested in this for my new 3 hatchback, but I live in USA and the license plate is taller... would your solution still work? Thanks!
PM'd, sir. Yes, you can mount the plate to your preferred height. Just grab an plate frame like this from Amazon which has slots for vertical adjustments.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 107 Posts